Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

I got great servicebut...PLEASE READ

• Please log in to reply

LethaLady

LethaLady

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
I have use this service twice now the ppl are great. Now I have found something that may save the members and techs hours of scanning to fix a current issue.

My last topic was about what Norton identified an Hackroot toolkit in windows/sustem32/SVKPsys

My tech and I spent days running tools to get rid of it to no avail

I went to Renguard.com and they have a thread about this problem

It seems that Norton updates 2 weeks ago identified SVKP as a virus and quarintines it when found because hackers sometimes use it

BUT renguard also uses it so as soon as that update was downloaded we could no longer run games that use renguard because norton quarintines it

Removed, We don't want to send folks into editing the registry, one wrong move there and the computer could end up with bigger problems

this works great! if possible get the word out to the techs. Thanks for the great support!

Edited by don77, 01 November 2005 - 06:39 AM.

Advertisements

Armodeluxe

Armodeluxe

Member 2k

• Retired Staff
  • 2,744 posts
The simplest solution to that is just to configure your antivirus to ignore it..

Please don't send pm's to other users advising them to mess with their registries..