Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

call of duty 2: video driver and alpha blending

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
Hello D3Z and welcome to Geeks to go!

Your main specs are:

1.73GHz Intel® Centrino Processor
1GB RAM
128MB (SHARED) Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 900

The graphics card isn't supported by the game. You could try updating your graphics card drivers just in case.

XP drivers

2000 drivers

Advertisements

Fred Savage

Fred Savage

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi, I just bought Call of Duty 2 today and I am having the same alpha blending problem. I have a Dell Inspiron 1150 notebook with the Intel graphics controller. I've been told that a graphics card cannot be replaced in a laptop. If my graphics card isn't supported, am I just SOL?

D3Z

D3Z

• Pip
  • 2 posts
ok so with the help of Zeus, i have overcome the alpha blending problem... so now, when i try to run cod2 it is saying "DirectX encountered an unrecoverable error." I redownloaded directx and that didnt work so im stuck again... any help would be appreciated

koolmruz

koolmruz

• Pip
  • 3 posts
hey i have the same problem when i try to run the game this message comes up "Video card or driver doesn't support alpha blending" i have dell dimention 2350
and it has Intel® 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV graphics video
its P4 1.8 MHZ
Bus speed 400 MHZ
Motherboard Dell 07W080
Memory 768 MB

can someone tell me what to do ?? thx

Edited by koolmruz, 10 November 2005 - 11:51 AM.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
Intel graphics will not support gaming. period. certainly not any games optimized for dx9. Hope you have an agp slot so you can upgrade your video.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Run everest and post up the report we will be able to tell you if the gfx on it can support COD2, but there arent alot of notebooks that can play COD2 at all.

koolmruz

koolmruz

• Pip
  • 3 posts
this is my report

Attached File  Report.htm   51.97KB   428 downloads this report is abt my direct X, display and multimedia only(this might help)

Attached Files

Edited by koolmruz, 10 November 2005 - 08:31 PM.

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts

ok so with the help of Zeus, i have overcome the alpha blending problem... so now, when i try to run cod2 it is saying "DirectX encountered an unrecoverable error." I redownloaded directx and that didnt work so im stuck again... any help would be appreciated

Updating your graphics card drivers was a long shot anyway.
Your going to have to upgrade your graphics card, for COD 2 I would recommend nothing less than the Geforce 6800 series or ATI's equivalent.

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts

Hi, I just bought Call of Duty 2 today and I am having the same alpha blending problem. I have a Dell Inspiron 1150 notebook with the Intel graphics controller. I've been told that a graphics card cannot be replaced in a laptop. If my graphics card isn't supported, am I just SOL?

Hello Fred Savage and welcome to Geeks to go!

Your correct in saying you can't upgrade graphics cards in laptops. Basically if you want to play games you need to buy a desktop PC.

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts

hey i have the same problem when i try to run the game this message comes up "Video card or driver doesn't support alpha blending" i have dell dimention 2350
and it has Intel® 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV graphics video
its P4 1.8 MHZ
Bus speed 400 MHZ
Motherboard Dell 07W080
Memory 768 MB
can someone tell me what to do ?? thx

Hello koolmruz and welome to Geeks to go!

I've looked at the specs for your PC on the Dell website and it appears that your PC doesn't have an AGP slot. The lack of an AGP slot makes it almost impossible to upgrade your graphics card.

Advertisements

koolmruz

koolmruz

• Pip
  • 3 posts
so thats it i cant play COD 2 if i dont get a graphics card??
anyways thanks 4 ur help tho.

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
The only graphics cards open to you are normal PCI (not PCI-X. PCI-E or PCI-express) cards. PCI cards are very slow by todays standards so it's more than likely any PCI card wouldn't be fast enough to give you decent speed in COD2.

Flogger

Flogger

• Pip
  • 2 posts

The only graphics cards open to you are normal PCI (not PCI-X. PCI-E or PCI-express) cards. PCI cards are very slow by todays standards so it's more than likely any PCI card wouldn't be fast enough to give you decent speed in COD2.

Hey Zeus, you seem to know a lot in regards to COD 2 and graphicsl. I am unable to run the demo due to the alpha bending on the graphics card or driver and hence understand I need to get a graphics card but I am not sure if I have an AGP or PCIE slot in my machine. Are you able to tell from the given specs in the same way you did for Koolmrus guy?

Thanks, any assistance is appreciated.

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
Hello Flogger and welcome to Geeks to go!

To be able to help you i'll need to know more about your PC.
Can you download and install Belarc Advisor.
Run it and it will analyse your PC and display a report, can you then either paste the log or attach it to your post.

ramin69

ramin69

• Pip
  • 6 posts
ok i am having the same problem with the alpha blending thing and i probably have a sucky graphic card and stuff but i have a VIA/S3G UniChrome IGP, anyway to play the game with this graphic card thanks in advance :tazz: oh yah and i did do the sp2 thing and still wont work

Edited by ramin69, 12 November 2005 - 06:58 PM.