Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

call of duty 2: video driver and alpha blending

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Phil the man

Phil the man

• Pip
  • 3 posts
The only way I got this game to run was by setting it to "Directx 7" mode. It played fine after that.

Activision told me to get the latest drivers, which I did, except it didn't solve the problem.

They claim my problem is that I'm using the "7800 go GTX", a mobile adapter which might be incompatible with their software. Nevermind the fact that I can play BF2 in 1600x1200 with everything on and not have a single hitch, or Fear, or Farcry, or HL2..and the list goes on....

Advertisements

Estrange

Estrange

• Pip
  • 6 posts

The only way I got this game to run was by setting it to "Directx 7" mode. It played fine after that.

Activision told me to get the latest drivers, which I did, except it didn't solve the problem.

They claim my problem is that I'm using the "7800 go GTX", a mobile adapter which might be incompatible with their software. Nevermind the fact that I can play BF2 in 1600x1200 with everything on and not have a single hitch, or Fear, or Farcry, or HL2..and the list goes on....

How did you set it up to Directx 7 mode, phil. I would like to try it. Thanks.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Well the 7800 go is a new and relativley rare card it takes a fair amount of work to get games to work with every gfx card, they will more than likely fix it in an update.

Phil the man

Phil the man

• Pip
  • 3 posts

How did you set it up to Directx 7 mode, phil. I would like to try it. Thanks.

In the video options menu there's a setting for "auto" "directx9" or "directx7". I forget the exact name of it, but it's like the third or fourth setting down.

Estrange

Estrange

• Pip
  • 6 posts
the thing is, I can't start the game at all. Nvidia supposed to fix this problem on their last driver, which didn't work at all :tazz: This is so frustrating...

jaceee

jaceee

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Hello jaceee and welcome to Geeks to go!

The specs of your Dell laptop suggest that you either have an Intel graphics card or a ATI graphics card, depending on what model you have.

Easy way to find out is to run DirectX Diagnostics. Click start > click run > type dxdiag > click ok > click display tab. Once on the display tab it will give you the name and manufacturer of your graphics card.

If it's the ATI card try updating your graphics card driver from the Dell website but if it's a Intel card then your not going to be able to run the game.

HEY ZEUS, THANKS FOR THE HELP. :tazz: Unfortunately, i've intel and that's not gonna cut it. I'm just gonna resell the game back since I can't return it. sucks..buying a graphics card is expensive. I'd rather use the money for an xbox 360.

Thanks again!

hazard15951

hazard15951

• Pip
  • 5 posts
i go to play cod 2 and this happens error during initialisation:no valid rendering code path detected then after that this comes up:if anyone can help plz add me on msn @ [email protected] plz help i would be very gratefull i need someone kind woh will talk me through wat to do also xfire:biohazard1400
my g card is NVIDIA GeForce 4 64mb plz help ty

CoD2 MP 1.0 build win-x86 Oct 6 2005
----- FS_Startup -----
Current language: english
Current search path:
C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 2\main\z_worm_messagecenter.iwd (8 files)
C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 2\main\z_worms_reddot_remover.iwd (2 files)
C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 2\main\z_powerserver_v07b.iwd (26 files)
C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 2\main\z_powerserver_v07b.ec979d89.iwd (31 files)
C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 2\main\z_powerserver_v07b.1b174d9f.iwd (27 files)
C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 2\main\z_powerserver_mod_v05.iwd (16 files)
C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 2\main\z_messagecenter.iwd (8 files)
C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 2\main\z_heavy_nade_cook.iwd (8 files)
C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 2\main\zzz_svr_cooked_nades.iwd (6 files)
C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 2\main\zzz_message_generator.iwd (14 files)
C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 2\main\zzz_bolt_rifles_v1.1.iwd (12 files)
C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 2\main\zzzzz_AdmiralMOD_v1_17b.iwd (50 files)
C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 2\main\zzzzzzz-compmod_v1.iwd (65 files)
C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 2\main\w_bh_mod_v1_1.iwd (28 files)
C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 2\main\user_ecrifles_v1.0a.iwd (35 files)
C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 2\main\RCMoD08.iwd (75 files)
C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 2\main\iw_14.iwd (4038 files)
C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 2\main\iw_13.iwd (22624 files)
C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 2\main\iw_12.iwd (1016 files)
C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 2\main\iw_11.iwd (1462 files)
C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 2\main\iw_10.iwd (1936 files)
C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 2\main\iw_09.iwd (2142 files)
C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 2\main\iw_08.iwd (2723 files)
C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 2\main\iw_07.iwd (3384 files)
C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 2\main\iw_06.iwd (990 files)
C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 2\main\iw_05.iwd (928 files)
C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 2\main\iw_04.iwd (698 files)
C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 2\main\iw_03.iwd (26 files)
C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 2\main\iw_02.iwd (40 files)
C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 2\main\iw_01.iwd (16 files)
C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 2\main\iw_00.iwd (102 files)
C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 2/main
C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 2/raw
C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 2/raw_shared
C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 2/devraw
C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 2/devraw_shared
C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 2\main\localized_english_iw10.iwd (414 files)
localized assets iwd file for english
C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 2\main\localized_english_iw09.iwd (98 files)
C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 2\main\localized_english_iw08.iwd (8 files)
C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 2\main\localized_english_iw07.iwd (1014 files)
C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 2\main\localized_english_iw06.iwd (3110 files)
C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 2\main\localized_english_iw05.iwd (5310 files)
C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 2\main\localized_english_iw04.iwd (6240 files)
C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 2\main\localized_english_iw03.iwd (6580 files)
C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 2\main\localized_english_iw02.iwd (6404 files)
C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 2\main\localized_english_iw01.iwd (5510 files)
C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 2\main\localized_english_iw00.iwd (4764 files)

File Handles:
----------------------
81988 files in iwd files
execing default_mp.cfg
couldn't exec language.cfg
execing players/hazard/config_mp.cfg
========= autoconfigure
configure_mp.csv: using CPU configuration 2 GHz 512 MB
execing configure_mp.cfg
configure_mp.csv: using GPU configuration "*"
Measured CPU speed is 2.79 GHz
System memory is 1016 MB (capped at 1 GB)
Video card is "Intel® 82865G Graphics Controller"
Streaming SIMD Extensions (SSE) supported

Winsock Initialized
Opening IP socket: localhost:28960
Hostname: Neary-Home-PC
IP: 81.96.244.81
----- Initializing Renderer ----
-------------------------------
----- Client Initialization -----
----- Client Initialization Complete -----
----- R_Init -----
Getting Direct3D 9 interface...
Pixel shader version is 0.0
Vertex shader version is 0.0
Video card or driver doesn't accelerate transform and lighting.
Video card or driver doesn't support high-quality polygon offset.
Video card or driver doesn't support direction lights in the fixed-function pipeline.
DirectX 7 rendering path will not be available.
Video card or driver doesn't support texture coordinate generation in the fixed-function pipeline.
Video card or driver doesn't support enough texture coordinates for the DirectX 9 code path.
DirectX 9 rendering path will not be available.
Video card or driver doesn't support enough textures for the DirectX 9 code path.
DirectX 9 rendering path will not be available.
Video card or driver doesn't support enough hardware lights for the DirectX 7 code path.
Error during initialization:
No valid rendering code path detected.

Barri

Barri

• Pip
  • 2 posts
one question for you all having this problem do you all use MSN and have the Messenger Plus tool installed?

Estrange

Estrange

• Pip
  • 6 posts
msn been installed. But I don't use it at all. Modifying everything, still no results. arrgghhhh :/

hazard15951

hazard15951

• Pip
  • 5 posts
maybe ure right it may be msn but how would it effect the drivers sum1 on a different forum posted the message to resolve this problem u need to uninstall the omega drivers and then reinstall the omega drivers im not sure wat to do i tried uninstalling drivers and then reinstalling in didnt work remember people were having this problem for cod 1 until the 1.5 patch maybe we have to wait for that

Advertisements

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
Hello hazard15951!

Use Driver Cleaner to remove your drivers and then install the latest Nvidia drivers.

paco290

paco290

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

i just got call of duty 2 and a prompt comes up when i try to play the game stating that the video driver does not support alpha blending.

Any advice. This is a fairly new computer Dell 4600 and plays all other games of this type fine (brothers in arms 1 and 2) (medal of honor pacific assault)

????

I got the same problem but my computer is an HP Pavilion a1312w and its just brand new...i got it like 2 weeks ago with the cod2 game and i really wanna play it but that dumb alpha bending......what should I do??????

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
Hello paco290 and welcome to Geeks to Go!

I can't actually find your system specs on the HP website. :tazz: :)

What are your actual system specs?

paco290

paco290

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
well....I have.....AMD Sempron 3000+ 1.80Ghz
512MB PC3200 DDR SDRAM memory
80 GB 7200RPM Ultra DMA hard drive
Windows XP home

Barri

Barri

• Pip
  • 2 posts

well....I have.....AMD Sempron 3000+ 1.80Ghz
512MB PC3200 DDR SDRAM memory
80 GB 7200RPM Ultra DMA hard drive
Windows XP home

one question for you all having this problem do you all use MSN and have the Messenger Plus tool installed?