Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Reformat

• Please log in to reply

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
TheBrotherhood313...

Try these Dell Drivers for your audio.

And these Dell Drivers for your video.

Reboot after each install....

wannabe1

Advertisements

TheBrotherhood313

TheBrotherhood313

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
Ok well that Graphics driver did nothing so i just did a system restore. Although the Audio one did, so sound is working fine :tazz:

I guess the pixilated stuff is ok, i mean its nothing too big.

Im wondering about 1 more thing that you may be able to help with.
Whenever i start up the computer i get a Found New Hardware. Its called 'SM Bus Controller', any ideas what this is? I have no idea what i need to install it and it cant find anything on my PC, i just dont know what its even for.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
TheBrotherhood313...

Let's look at a couple settings for the graphics. Go to Device Manager and click on the "Advanced" tab, then in the "Performance" box, click "Settings".Under the "Visual Effects" tab, select the radio button for "Let Windows choose what's best for my computer". In the list, scroll down and make sure the check box next to "Smooth edges of screen fonts" has a tick in it. Click "Apply" then "Ok" twice. Reboot and see if your display is better.

If this doesn't fix the problem, we may need to download the Graphics Controller, too.

wannabe1

Edited by wannabe1, 02 November 2005 - 10:01 PM.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
When it asks about the new hardware, click next then it should ask for a disc or search, click it and it should say it could not find anything, look for a box to tick with, do not remind me about this, click OK

When you adjusted the screen resolution to 1024 by 768, did you also set the colour to either 16 or 32 bit true colour then click apply

TheBrotherhood313

TheBrotherhood313

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

TheBrotherhood313...

Let's look at a couple settings for the graphics. Go to Device Manager and click on the "Advanced" tab, then in the "Performance" box, click "Settings".Under the "Visual Effects" tab, select the radio button for "Let Windows choose what's best for my computer". In the list, scroll down and make sure the check box next to "Smooth edges of screen fonts" has a tick in it. Click "Apply" then "Ok" twice. Reboot and see if your display is better.

If this doesn't fix the problem, we may need to download the Graphics Controller, too.

wannabe1

Ah that was it, in the performance settings someone turned them all off.
Working just fine now.
Sound and Graphics are all back to normal. Thank you both so much. I no longer need this open, feel free to close it :tazz:

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Thank You for letting us know