Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Playing Xbox on Computer screen?

• Please log in to reply

mycompsux

mycompsux

• PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
I have seen a friend of mine play his Xbox games but instead of utilizing the TV screen, he used the computer screen to play. How does one go about doing just that?

Note: I have a nVIDIA card.

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
There are variuos convertors available to change the the output from the xbox meant for televison for one that works on a tv, but ive never had an xbox maybe they have a DVI or VGA port built in which would make it easy.

Thef0rce

Thef0rce

• PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
I've seen adapters on google that change the signal output of your xbox so that its compatible with monitors. your brand of graphics card shouldn't actually matter, from what I've read. google it, the last time I looked they were 50 dollars or so each.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
I know when ive helped organise game nights with xboxs hooked up to projectors and such we used a 10 bob video-pc adapter kit from tesco and in among the various adapters and cables was one that worked for plugging it into the vga on the projector, if you just go and look at various standard AV converter packs one of them will probably have something that works rather than some branded xbox special stuff that has a price mark up because it has xbox compatible written on the box.

tudds

tudds

• Pip
  • 9 posts
yeh i did that with a tv capture card,which has all the options,but its just somehow not the same to me.
i have to say that the pc version of pro evo 5 is better on pc than xbox,visually.