Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

History deleting itself/iTunes library clearing

• Please log in to reply

chicophi235

chicophi235

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Every so often (every few days, once a week, etc), my Firefox history gets cleared and my iTunes library is cleared. I have to re-do my playlists every single time.

My HijackThis! log is clean, and has been cleared by the tech guys in the Malware forum, so it's most likely not a trojan, as my Anti-Virus hasn't picked up anything, either.

My only is that, since I'm fairly spyware/trojan/junk sensitive on my computer, and I have a few programs related to that (Spybot, Ad-Aware, Microsoft Anti-Spyware, AntiVir, CleanUp!), perhaps one of those programs has taken a few liberties on my other programs.

I don't see any real correllation between running one of those programs, though, and the deletion of the history and iTunes library. It just seems that, every few days, I turn on the computer and it's gone. Hmm...

Any ideas? Thanks a bunch. This is just annoying!

Edited by chicophi235, 30 October 2005 - 02:50 PM.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Open Internet Explorer, click tools, internet options and you have the setting for clear history after so many days, see if Firefox has the same thing

Is the iTunes playlist saving to a temporary folder which is getting cleaned