Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

When I play a flash movie the music doesn't end even when movie en

• Please log in to reply

Azam.com

Azam.com

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Say I play a flash file which has background music in it. When the flash file ends and I even close the browser window, the background keeps playing on and on and on... as you can imagine, this gets extremely irritating. Even if I play an MP3 file, the background music from the flash movie is still playing in the background.

Spent ages searching in Google to see if anybody else has experienced a similar problem, but no luck.

Anybody know what may be wrong?

Thanks very much.

Edited by Azam.com, 30 October 2005 - 04:15 PM.

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Hi and welcome to Geeks to Go. I have not heard of this before either...Here is how I would proceed. Next time this happens, use task manager to identify the program running that audio. It should be visible. I suspect it is flash, task manager will confirm what it is. (ctrl + alt + del, select task manager) You can kill the process in task manager by selecting it and clicking end task. I would then go to ad/remove programs, and remove it. You can then re-install it and see if this fixes the problem.

Edited by austin_o, 31 October 2005 - 07:58 AM.

Azam.com

Azam.com

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Thank you for that very helpful response.

"use task manager to identify the program running that audio"

Yes, I did try to identify what may have been playing the music endlessly. But there are about 30 programs running in my taskmanager and I couldn't pick out which one it was. I'm sure it is flash like you say. Any ideas how to pick out the right one?

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
I would start by looking at the "applications" tab rather than the processes tab. Also, you could use the alt + tab to see what applications are active. When you hold down the alt key, and then hit tab, you will see all of the applications running in the middle of the screen. Press the tab key, while continuing to hold down the alt key to select the one you want.

Azam.com

Azam.com

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Many thanks. You've been very helpful.