Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Right Clicking on Avi makes screen go blank

• Please log in to reply

Appreciated

Appreciated

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
for a second and then back to desktop screen.

After doing this if i want to close a window it will only close in the top right and not by clicking on the tab bar.

I went in to safe mode and all was ok, right clicking on avi file just brought up the menu as normal.

When i went back to normal mode the closing tabs at the bottom of the screen was fine.

When i tried right clicking an avi file the same problem was there. After trying the closing tab at bottom of screen again it won't work again.

So the problem with the right clicking on avi files is setting this off but both are doing my head in!!

I need help!!

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
It might be as simple as not having the right codecs for the .avi files. AVI is a wrapper that covers many different types of files, one thing Microsoft had to do in SP2 was disable the thumbnail view for avis beacause explorer was confused and would freeze up trying to make thumbnails. I remember this very clearly, and all the problems it caused. But also, if you download a little apply called GSpot and open your movie files with it, it will tell you what codecs you need and if they are loaded.

Appreciated

Appreciated

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
I have the right codecs but the problem is still there.

running 64 bit windows but this shouldnt be a problem as everything was fine up til now

Appreciated

Appreciated

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
bump