Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

looking for driver

• Please log in to reply

budm

budm

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
hoping someone can help.
I need to find a driver for my toshiba 2595xdvd, for the DVD-CDROM drive. The dvd-cdrom model number is listed as toshiba sd-c2102 in the device manager.
Have looked high & low, not real sure what I am even looking for.
Can anyone help find it, & post a link to the actual download page, and maybe instructions how to install it?
Thanks

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Shouldn't need one, Windows has generic drivers that work in 99.9% of cases.

Generally if its lost the CD unit in this way, it'll have lost something else as well that's related to the CD unit.

Could you post a screengrab of your device manager please? Just open it up, hold down ALT, press Print Screen and paste it into Paint, save as JPEG and attach to your next posts.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Q. Where can I find drivers for my CD/DVD drive?

A. For all Windows versions since Windows 95 no special driver is necessary, drivers for all Toshiba CD/DVD drives are already included in Windows. If the host adapter (ATAPI/SCSI) is installed correctly, the drive will be seen automatically.

http://www.toshiba-e...Q&frame=content

There was only a SD-C2302 listed here but that could be due to a regional policy

budm

budm

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
run that by me again on how to do a screen shot... I do not see anything like that while or during or after holding down the alt key... Is there something else to it?

budm

budm

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
That is what I found, but why does it tell me to update the driver then?
Is there some way to search this computer to find out for sure the driver is there or not?

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
When you look in device manager there is the option to update the driver, it isn't a must do

Try CDgone patch

http://www.geekstogo...action=cat&id=1

budm

budm

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
anyone out there in central illinois want to fix this $%#^ thing for me?
I will pay

budm

budm

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
that cdgone thing did not work.
Can someone tell me how to print screen?

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
Is this a new installation or a recent problem?

You need to make sure the jumper settings on the units connected to the ide cable are set correctly or nothing will be recognized. Depending on the type of cable, one needs to have one set as slave and the other as master for a 40 wire cable, or both need to be cable select for an 80 wire cable.

budm

budm

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
this is a laptop.
The dvdcdrom drive is showing as a harddrive in 'my computer'
In performance, it says it is operating in msdos compatibilty mode.
It will play a dvd with realplayer, but any other discs make a pop up stating something like 'D;/ refers to a location which is not available...'

Clicking the D icon does the same thing. The D icon has changed all by its self to a hard drive icon in my computer. (the dvdcdrom drive is D on this computer) The little label there now shows 'local disc', NOT anything like DVD-CD-ROM, or whatever it should say. Properties for it there show it the same way. The device manager shows it as working properly.

Getting back to the performance tab, it says there to update the driver. I have updated the driver about a gazillion times, it says the best one is already installed. I find that some people and sites say that this thing does not need a driver. I just want to be sure that the driver is correct so I can move on to thre next possibilty.

I have also un-installed it a gazillion times. The new hardware wizard never shows as finding any new hardware when I do.

I had someone over here to fix it, 80 bucks later it is not fixed. It is exactly the same as before he messed with it. The tech told me it was junk, I should give it to him for parts, for 25 bucks off the fee. I am on the unit right now, so I doubt is is really junk.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
budm...

Nobody ever told you how to print screen, huh?

Press Alt and PrtScrn at the same time. Open an image editor such as Paint (Start > Programs > Accessories > Paint). Click "Edit" in the toolbar and click "Paste".

wannabe1

budm

budm

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
No one has ever shown me a thing about any computer.
Now, when I try to save the image in paint, the only formats that show are bitmaps. How do I get jpg in the save as options?

(yeah, that's right, I am old, bald, fat, stupid and spent my life swinging a hammer, so all this computer stuff is new and strange)