Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Icon Packager

• Please log in to reply

CelestialTeardrop

CelestialTeardrop

• PipPipPip
  • 262 posts
A few days ago I installed IconPackager (free version), looked at the previews of their icons (without applying any of them), and seeing that I didn't really like the idea of changing my icons after all, uninstalled IconPackager.

Now I discovered that the icon for MS Word .doc files has been changed to the Wordpad icon. I changed it back through Windows Explorer->Folder Options, but I'm not sure if any other icons were changed.

Does anyone know which other icons IconPackager changes when it's uninstalled (even if it was never used to change any icons while in the computer)? It would be confusing to see strange icons representing familiar file types, so I'm trying to change them all back to Windows XP originals.

Thanks in advance.

p.s.

I use Microsoft Office 2003

Edited by CelestialTeardrop, 30 October 2005 - 07:53 PM.

Advertisements