Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Site critique

• Please log in to reply

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
I came up with a theory about why the greens stripe on the bottom part of the page doesn't move with the rest of the page, but when I tried downloading as a complete web page and modifying it, I couldn't duplicate the results on this machine.

My theory was this. In the top half of the page, the part with the images, the absolute postition language is inside the table, so it shifts with the table. On the bottom part it is not inside a table, so it stays fixed with respect to the edge of the monitor screen.

Advertisements

lil_cat_luver

lil_cat_luver

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
Yes you're right. The top part is actually composed of a sliced image, placed within tables, while the bottom part simply acts as a background.

I changed the background-attachment to scroll instead of fixed, and added background-position: left; now it scrolls with the rest of the page. At least it scrolls for me...

Anyways, the reason you couldn't duplicate the page on your computer is because the page uses SSI, which requires a SSI enabled server to display.