Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Video card troubles

• Please log in to reply

finehout

finehout

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
Ok here i go
i have a freind who bought a geforce mx 4000 and he tried to boot up his computer with it in it and i would frezz at the os loading screen.
So we take it out and put the old one back in and it still frezzes at the loading screen. and yes it gets better.
now we cant even turn on the computer we get beep codes i long beep and 3 short ones..the mother board is a asus tusl2-c
any ideas..thanks for any help :tazz:

Advertisements

MikeFromNY

MikeFromNY

• PipPip
  • 90 posts
Two questions- What's the BIOS and it's revision? What interface is the video card using? AGP?

finehout

finehout

banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
No pci and the bios is biostar.

MikeFromNY

MikeFromNY

• PipPip
  • 90 posts
Just out of curiosity, according to what I found, the mobo you stated has an AGP slot.... What is the reason for going with a PCI card in this case? AGP has a much greater amount of performance than PCI as far as video cards, and tend to cost less than their PCI counterparts....

Anyway. As far as the beep code you're getting, apperantly it's stating that it can't detect a video card or the video card is bad... First things first I'd go ahead and check if the card is seated properly... I'd just go ahead and remove it, then re-insert it. This could be the problem being that from your post, I see you weren't getting the beeps with the card originally. Also, I assume you handled it correctly when taking it out of the box and installing it? I've fried a video card before by improper handling... If you reseat it and still getting the same beep codes, post back and I'll follow up.

Edited by MikeFromNY, 31 October 2005 - 12:22 AM.

finehout

finehout

banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
oppmis typ eon that sry it is a agp yes yes as always my freid is kind of a neired type he had on the wrist ground and every thing l o l..anywoo the new one dint work from doing some reading his power supply isnt big enough l o l but he was telling me most of this over the phone so i would gusses he dint seat the video card properlly..thax

MikeFromNY

MikeFromNY

• PipPip
  • 90 posts
Well if he's got too weak of a CPU, yeah that could be a problem but I don't see any link between not enough power and the beep codes he's getting. If he's still having the problem let me know and we'll see what we can find out.

finehout

finehout

banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
No he has got a p3 that will run it... and he needs a 250watt power supply he has a 200 watt and hey do you knopw of a good place to buy a sec p3 and a cheap atx power supply that is not newegg compchina or tigerdirect?

MikeFromNY

MikeFromNY

• PipPip
  • 90 posts
Being that newegg/tigerdirect are my main sources for parts, no I wouldn't be able to name any there. As far as for the system you describe I'd reccomend etching that up to maybe a 300w...

Edited by MikeFromNY, 31 October 2005 - 12:46 AM.

finehout

finehout

banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
LoL the ceaper the beeter already orederd a 500 watt of amazon..thanx

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Power supplies shouldnt be skimped on it asks for trouble and on a P2 system a 500W PSU i way overkill. What you need to do is go to the asus website and download the manual for that motherboard and find out what those beep codes mean exactly so you can begin proper diagnostics BEFORE you buy new parts.