Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need wireless router advice

• Please log in to reply

sharpey

sharpey

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
Hi

I would really appreciate some advice on routing. I currently have a telephone cable trailing up the stairs and into the back room. All very untidy. The telephone extension lead is connected at the main box downstairs, it travels upstairs where an ADSL broadband filter is plugged into it. My Speedtouch modem plugs into the ADSL socket on the filter. A cable leaves the modem and enters the PC as a USB. I would really like to keep the modem but I am having difficulty finding a router to accommodate this. I don’t want to compromise and loose internet speed. I am not very experienced with wireless systems and would appreciate any advice.

Cheers

Wayne

Advertisements

dan3411

dan3411

• PipPip
  • 89 posts
well i have a belkin 54mbps wireless 11.g thing and it's really good and easy to set up it can be set up with out being connected to the computer, maybe give that a try by the way it already has a modem in it.

Edited by dan3411, 31 October 2005 - 05:30 PM.