Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

PC Nearly Diabled

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Our home computer - xp home edition is running AVG antivirus - but no full time spyware scanner. We do run spybot and adaware weekly.

This a.m. we had a blue screen, looks close to your normal blue screen but the words are less cryptic and could not find your usual "xoc error message. This screen may or may not be real, I've never seen the blue screen on this Dell. The screen is saying that a device driver is in a loop, this seems to be true, a video driver by the flashing on the screen.

We have a full time dsl connection and my son leaves yahoo messenger on all the time. I tried to do trend/panda virus scans but the activex installs fail.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

P.S. Last time I posted no one answered. If I am doing something wrong will someone tell me??