Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Mother board and Graphics card.

• Please log in to reply

HamburgrHelpr08

HamburgrHelpr08

• PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
Ok so I need to find a mother boad for around 200 or less. and a grafics card around the same. the grafics cards should be 256mg and im gonna use a amd prosesor.
markus j. thanks

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
What kind of AMD is it one you have or are you getting a new one.

MikeFromNY

MikeFromNY

• PipPip
  • 90 posts
As far as wanting a motherboard for 200 or less, Abit and ASUS are two brands I'd reccomend you take a look at. As for which models to choose, it all depends on the processor's socket type. Make sure you find a compatable motherboard - i.e. if the processor is socket 939, find a socket 939 compatible motherboard.

As far as the 256 megs of vram for under 200, choices seem to be in the GeForce 6600 realm... Search around for them, you should find some that suit your needs.

I'd also like to add that I'd reccomend you go with a PCI-Express slot for the graphics if you're going to be going with the new motherboard.

Edited by MikeFromNY, 31 October 2005 - 01:24 PM.

whokiid

whokiid

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
I've got a 256mb ATI Radeon 9800 XT that I'm not using.

If you're serious about it, message me or instant message me on AIM.

HamburgrHelpr08

HamburgrHelpr08

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
Ok whats about this for a video card http://www.newegg.co...N82E16814102590.

And one of these for a motheboard http://www.newegg.co...N82E16813131540
or http://www.newegg.co...N82E16813136158.
Markus J.

MikeFromNY

MikeFromNY

• PipPip
  • 90 posts
Here's the deal. The A8N is a great board, but the problem is, the ATI card you chose doesn't make use of the SLI capability. It's up to you- If you want to utilize SLI sometime in the future, get an nVidia card. If you want to use that ATI card you linked to, you may want to spend a bit less for a motherboard with a single PCI-Ex16 slot instead of 2 (for the SLI).

I'd also like to add that that A8N is a Socket 939 board... What processor do you have?

Edited by MikeFromNY, 31 October 2005 - 06:13 PM.

HamburgrHelpr08

HamburgrHelpr08

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
This i my processor.http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16819103535
send me some liks to the motherboards.

MikeFromNY

MikeFromNY

• PipPip
  • 90 posts
That's a good processor for the money, and yes, it's compatible with the A8N and all other Socket 939's. Take my prior post about the graphics cards into consideration, but otherwise, you look to be set to go.

I would also like to reccomend you use a different HSF than the stock one on that processor, as it tends to run warm... My reccomendation would be a Venus 12 for socket 939 and get yourself some artic silver 5 thermal compound. You shouldn't have temperature problems with that.

Edited by MikeFromNY, 31 October 2005 - 06:36 PM.

HamburgrHelpr08

HamburgrHelpr08

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
Ok thanks! Anything else.