Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Getting songs from iPod Nano to computer...

• Please log in to reply

Deven

Deven

• PipPip
  • 85 posts
OK, so recently my computer crashed and I want to put all of the songs from my Nano back to the computer since everything was erased..

I've been reading a few pages on how you do it such as this one:

http://www.engadget....66385640773718/

One of the instructions says "Make sure your iPod is plugged in and select the drive in the pull down list that your iPod appears as."

I have my iPod connected to the USB so how do I access that "drive" to get to the songs? I was hoping it wouldn't be this confusing, any help would be appreciated :tazz:

Advertisements

whokiid

whokiid

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
I'm not sure about the iNano, but I have an iPod Mini, and I'm pretty sure that you can't put your songs from your iPod to your computer.

I may be wrong, but then again, I might not be.

lt b0ngo

lt b0ngo

• PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
These instructions are for windows xp but they should work on any pc with a little tweaking. Ok plug your ipod in and don't start Itunes. Go into my computer then double click on your ipod nano which should now of appeared. Then go to tools, folder optitions, view and then tick show hidden files and folders and click apply then ok. A folder will now be viewable called iPod_Control. Copy this folder into your documents then get itunes to search this folder for music files. It will find all the music that was on your ipod nano and you will have all your lovely music back into itunes. Give me a yell if you have any problems.

Deven

Deven

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
Thanks so much lt b0ngo, I followed your instructions and got everything perfectly back into iTunes!

There was only one thing that confused me for a bit. When I plugged in my iPod, it didnt show up in 'My Computer' as a drive because in the iTunes preferences, 'Enable disk use' was unchecked and I had no clue but I explored and figured it out eventually. Everything from there on was word for word in your instructions :tazz: