Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

S Video Out slot

• Please log in to reply

rayneman5

rayneman5

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
hey guys, I bought an S Video Cable to plug my laptop into my tv. I also have a surround sound system so i tried plugging my cable from the computer to the receiver but i could not get a picture on my tv. then i tried plugging the cable from my computer directly to the tv and i still did not get a picture. Is there anything i am suposed to do on my computer to make sure i get a picture on the tv? i figured i could just plug in the cable at both ends, put a DVD in and it would play on the tv.. am i wrong in thinking that? basically i am asking u how i would go about getting a picture on my tv off of my laptop..
Thank You

ps. i have a Toshiba Satellite M40 laptop

Hopefully someone can help me.

Advertisements

MikeFromNY

MikeFromNY

• PipPip
  • 90 posts
In your display settings [Right click blank area of desktop > Properties > Settings tab] there should be something concerning the s-video output. Something allowing you to set up an output for use as a screen... If not it may be in the advanced area (hit the advanced button in the settings tab)... As far as the laptop I'm not sure what video adapter and driver you're using, so I'll take a look when I get the chance, but for now that's the best I can give you to try.

rayneman5

rayneman5

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
than alot for the reply , i will keep u posted if this works..