Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

usb2 pcmcia card add-on

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 5 posts
i have a dell laptop.. it has a card slot and i want a card that has usb 2 capabilities.. how do i know if the pcmcia card i buy will work on my laptop, some say they are for NEC, have chipset names on them.. how do i know if it will be compatible?

• PipPipPip
  • 339 posts
Welcome to Geeks To Go Aaronsmity,

Almost all the PCMCIA cards should work on any computer that a PCMCIA slot. Newegg has a PCMCIA to USB 2.0 Card. The company that makes this card, is a very reliable company. Hope that this helps, but you should plan on buying this soon b/c it has a $10 mail in rebate.