Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Question: Is this a legitimate service/software?

• Please log in to reply

diggeryo

diggeryo

• PipPipPip
  • 354 posts
I came across an ad to "turn my PC into a TV" where I can access thousands of channels worldwide. The website it directed me to was: http://www.affililat...g/tvo_azg2.html .

They say for only $30, I can download a program that will turn my PC into a TV. There won't be any monthly fee. It sounds fishy to me, but I thought I'd check it out anyway.

Can someone tell me if they are aware whether this is a legitimate service or not?

thanks.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
i have no hard evidence on it..but...due to the fact that generally affiliate-101 sites involve those silly "if you buy these 12 things you can get this one thing for free" deals...and the fact that the website you linked, has absolutely no links to any other sections of the company's business (contact us, people who use this, tech support, etc...) i wouldn't be incllilned to trust them....if you really want to watch tv on your computer you can get a tv tuner card on your machine and plug it into your cable at home...

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
no software by itself can give you the capabilities of tv. it requires hw. an ati all in wonder or haupage tv tuner does wonders.

if you want to watch tv on your pc, check out the sites that cover microsoft media center. I also believe that Tom's Hardware and Anandtech both have some articles on it.