Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Is my color monitor 32 bit?

• Please log in to reply

kayona

kayona

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
To reply please use this address email removed by mod: Murray, thanks. hi, dont know if this is the right forum but here goes, yesterday when i was uploading my pictures to ebay of cross stitch, the pictures were perfect in my paperport, saved them in my documents like always and they were perfect there, but when i viewed them on ebay they were very fuzzy. barey readable. I contacted ebay, they say they are perfect on their end. I noticed then that all the pictures i am viewing are fuzzy, the text is fine though on all the websites i visit. they told me on ebay that maybe my display settings are too low and started to walk me through that to change it, then when we got to the drop down menu part where it said 16 or 32 bit color, they said that if my monitor is 16 bit changing it to 32 could damage it so we stopped. How do i know if its 16 or 32 bit? There must be somewhere in the computer that tells me that but i dont know where. If i find its 32 bit and it is set for 16, i saw that yesterday, how do i go about changing it to 32.....i need step by step instructions.........sorry... if that isnt the problems any ideas why just the pictures of things would be fuzzy? Thanks, Kayona my old email isnt valid any more so please email me at , thanks

Advertisements

MikeFromNY

MikeFromNY

• PipPip
  • 90 posts
If they looked fine on your desktop then it's not your monitor settings. Are you sure the pictures are loading completley? Also, I'd like to ask if your setting was originally at 16 or 32 bit colors. Also, what Brand/Model is your monitor?

Edited by MikeFromNY, 31 October 2005 - 04:02 PM.

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
eBay like to reduce the quality of the pictures by a degree to make the auctions accessible to more users. Usually the pictures are just resized downwards which of course makes everything smaller.

As for true 32-bit colour, if the graphics don't support it, Windows won't give you that option. The differences on screen between 16-bit and 32-bit colour are such that you'll be hard pushed to spot any difference.