Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Microsoft Outlook

• Please log in to reply

Corina582

Corina582

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hello! :)

I'm having a problem with Microsoft Outlook and I'm not sure whether or not it is due to a virus or spyware, etc. Anyhow, I keep getting these blank emails-there's no senders address, no subject, nothing. I get at least 2-3 of these blank emails daily. I tried to report it as spam, but, because there's no sender address it won't report it. Deleting it doesn't help-it just keeps on coming.

I'm wondering if this is due to a virus? I just fixed my computer [with the help of one of your techs] from the Trojan Vundo virus. Is it back and haunting my computer again? Thanks for all of your help, hope to hear from you soon. :tazz:

Nina

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Go to one of these emails, don't open it. Just click on it to select it. Then right click, properties, click details tab. This will reveal where this is coming from, the message headder. You can also click message source at the bottom right. Open that up. It will show the message header and text of the message. This will help you figure out where these are coming from. It may be a virus. Use the removal guide to help figure that out and clean up.
http://www.geekstogo...?showtopic=2852

Corina582

Corina582

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Hello!

< :tazz: Getting a bit..fustrated. Now the blank emails are coming in like mad. Two-three every half an hour].

I'm right clicked on the blank email and...there's no "Properties" tab. So I opened the "Options" tab and this is what it said,

Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2005 03:38:38 +0000 (GMT)
X-Comment: Sending client does not conform to RFC822 minimum requirements
X-Comment: Date has been added by Maillennium
Received: from FLH1Aat106.osk.mesh.ad.jp ([203.136.189.106])
by sccrmxc21.comcast.net (sccrmxc21) with SMTP
id <20051102033835s21005foeme>; Wed, 2 Nov 2005 03:38:38 +0000
X-Originating-IP: [203.136.189.106]
Received: from [192.168.1.4] ([203.136.189.106])
by nmi.u.se (Sendmail 8.0.3) with ESMTP (SSL) id IYT95188
for <[email protected]>; Tue, 01 Nov 2005 19:38:27 -0800
Message-ID: <848l3[3

I don't know what this means?

Anyhow, I will begin the removal guide, now do you want me to post the Hijack This porfile on here once I'm done. Thnks. :)

Nina

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Is Office updated

http://update.micros...t.aspx?ln=en-us

Junk Mail filters have been added recently

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Hi. Try Keith's suggestion. If you still need to work through the malware removal guide and continue to have trouble, post a hijack this log in the Malware Forum, at http://www.geekstogo...o-Here-f37.html
When you make the post, be sure to tell them you have worked through the removal guide and now needs their help.