Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Got a couple of problems need help and a freind told me to look to u g

• Please log in to reply

june_bug

june_bug

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Ok, My firts problem is that no matter what i do i get a non-system disk press any key to continue. Whould i need to replace the floppy and the cd rom?
And then the secon d is another error at boot up it says resource conflict...Does that mean my i/os are clashing somewere and if yess how do i fix it..
Any help would be apreciated good and or bad just for the efoort ...Thanx a million in advance

Advertisements

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
Hi,

Make sure there is no floppy in the drive and take a close look inside the slot of the floppy drive and make sure there is nothing stuck in there. sounds stupid but I already pulled credit cards and other things out of there that cause problems such as this.

If that doesn't work try disconnecting the floppy power and cable to the motherboard and see if the computer will boot, if it does the floppy drive is bad.

Rick

MikeFromNY

MikeFromNY

• PipPip
  • 90 posts
If I see your question properly it looks like windows is having trouble booting from the actual hard drive... I've had this problem before running multiple hard drives, it's quite peculiar, and I'll elbaorate if I need to. First off, do you have more than one hard drive?