Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows 2003 server Active directory help needed

• Please log in to reply

arora_sk

arora_sk

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi all,

I am new to this forum but can see lot of help from people to the required ones.

So i am here with a problem i am facing at my workplace. I have configured windows 2003 sevrer as a domain controller. All the users have been created with no administrator privilages. All users are joined to domain. No user is able to install or uninstall any program, change the date and time or change the network settings i.e IP, subnet gateway & DNS. Here is the problem, we have 3 ISP's so i regularly need to change their Gateways and dns servers. For this each time i have to logged on via Administrators account and then to make the required changes.

What rights or privilages should be provided to any user so that he may be able to change the network settings as mentioned above but not any other privilages which pertains to admin privilages.

It would be great help for me if anyone can provide solution for this.

Thanks a ton to all.

This is Surender.

Advertisements

arora_sk

arora_sk

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Kindly Help me out of this problem....

Many thanks to all of you... :tazz: :)