Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Football Instant Replay Rules

• Please log in to reply

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
Ok, I know there are purists that say, no instant reply, but it has been shown to work, over and over.

I just think the rules for what can and what cant be challenged suck. I also dont like how many times a coach can challenge.

This weekend was a good example of some flaws. In the lions game sunday, the lions forced a fumble and returned it for a touchdown. The ref called the play dead and the Lions couldnt challenge the play. Thats stupid. Even if they called the play dead, thats fine, the lions would have been happy to have challenged and taken the ball where they recovered, on the 5 yrd line.

I just think if you are going to have instant replay, you cant institute rediculious rules like, well you can challenge this, but not that. All or nothing.

I also dont like the rule about how many challenges the coach should get. He should get 1 per half, but if he is right, he doesnt lose it. Its not his fault that the Ref's suck and cant call the game correctly. So why should he be penalized for that?

Now some folks will argue that it will make the game longer and that the TV folks wont stand for that. I have news for you, the NFL, as well as the NCAA, make tons of money. They could put that money into a crew of replay officials and some good equipment for each game. With good equipment and good people, it shouldnt take more than a few seconds for a replay.

ScHwErV :tazz:

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
besides....i remember when instant replay was still in full effect....that made the game more interesting (i hate football...with a passioin...but watched it with my dad on sunday so we could spend time together "well son...you could cut the grass with me...or...watch football") i mean...half of the time spend watching a football game on tv is spent yelling at the refs who can't hear you....it's somehow validating to know that the refs are in fact idiots....especially if they actually show you the same replay that the refs are watching