Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

losing download speed

• Please log in to reply

hall65y

hall65y

• Pip
  • 2 posts
hi all, i am having problems with download speed and i suspect a malware problem.when downloading the speed is 120kb/s which is fine,but after a few hours it drops down to 1kb/s which stops me from downloading and using yahoo games.ive done spyware/adware and virus scans and an online virus scan and nothing has been found.the only way ive been able to get back up to speed is to turn the computer off for a day and then its ok again for sevral hours before it goes again.i read on the homepage that if there is a problem in it before sp2 is installed it may stay there,i have used the reload disc twice in the last week when the problem first started and i was wondering if it was best to go back to the beginning and do all the scans before putting sp2 in and then send in a hijack this log?ive also rang the phone company and they say the connection is fine. any help gratefully recieved........

Advertisements