Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Gateway laptop, Installed XPpro, now no hot key functions.

• Please log in to reply

CurtK

CurtK

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
I am looking for a solution to a Gateway laptop question. Machine is a Gateway Solo Pro 9300 (from yr. 2000 era) I have installed Windows XP Pro with no problems. System works fine.

I do not however have the use of the keyboard function keys (hot keys) at the top of keyboard. (volume,cd/dvd player control buttons,email,internet)

It should be noted that Gateway does not support XP for this model. I do have the original Gateway restoration CD containing Win 98. I seem to be unable to grab a driver from this disk.

Am I misssing something simple?

Any help or suggestions?

Gateway Solo Pro 9300 Laptop
Pentium III, 500MHZ, 128RAM, 20GB HD
Win XP Pro

Advertisements

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy:

Without the XP drivers, you won't get it to work..

What you could try is see if they have Win2000 drivers.. Those may work for you!!

Murray