Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help with a Spy Sweeper issue

• Please log in to reply

diggeryo

diggeryo

• PipPipPip
  • 354 posts
I brought this issue to Webroot's attention over a week ago but never heard any response. If anyone has any input, it would be appreciated.

I am running Windows XP Pro SP2 with all the latest updates. I use Microsoft Money 2005. I recently updated to Webroot's Spy Sweeper v4.5.

Anytime I start Microsoft Money 2005, I recieve the following message:

"Spy Sweeper has detected that C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT MONEY 2005\MNYCOREFILES\MSMONEY.EXE is attempting to change your Internet Explorer settings for this web site:

//@surf.mar@

For your security, it is recommended that you do not allow this change.

Do you want to prevent C:\PROGRAM FILES...MSMONEY.EXE from modifying your Internet Explorer Security settings?"

Once in a while, I'll get the same message, but with "//@signup.mar@" instead, but usually it's with "//@surf.mar@".

I've been using MSMoney05 since it came out. This issue only started since I've upgraded from Spy Sweeper v4.0 to v4.5 about a week ago.

Everytime this appears, I click for it to prevent the change and I tell it to remember that setting, yet it keeps appearing everytime I start MSMoney. I even tried clicking for it to allow the change, but I still get the message upon the next start up.

I don't seem to have lost any functionality in MSMoney, but it's really annoying to get this message every time I start the program.

Thanks for any help,
mike.

Advertisements

aldaros23

aldaros23

• PipPip
  • 86 posts
i think there's a Webroot Spokesperson that's on this site... he'll see this eventually; just hang in there