Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

explorer keeps freezing

• Please log in to reply

nettoon1991

nettoon1991

• PipPip
  • 70 posts
everytime i turn on my computer the explorer freezes , i want to use system restore but i dant know the dictionary for it using task manager. does any one know? :tazz:

Edited by nettoon1991, 01 November 2005 - 02:34 PM.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
If you can only use task manager, click file, new task, type sfc /scannow then press enter, you need the XP CD

nettoon1991

nettoon1991

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
i dont have a win xp disk i just need to know how to start system restore

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Start the System Restore tool at a command prompt

1. Restart your computer, and then press F8 during the initial startup to start your computer in Safe Mode with a command prompt.

2. Log on to your computer with an administrator account or with an account that has administrator credentials.

3. Type the following command at a command prompt, and then press ENTER:

%systemroot%\system32\restore\rstrui.exe

4. Follow the instructions that appear on the screen to restore your computer to an earlier state.

For additional information about the Safe mode with a command prompt, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

http://support.micro....com/kb/315222/

A description of the Safe mode boot options in Windows XP

nettoon1991

nettoon1991

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
thank you!!!!!!!!

nettoon1991

nettoon1991

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
sfc/ scannow may be a good may to fix your computer for a quick fix but system restore may be the only way to fix deep system errors without a windows xp disc