Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

RAID Problems

• Please log in to reply

qcs2005

qcs2005

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I have a RAID array striped with two 150 SATA drives. I have had seemingly random problems with Windows since I set it up this way. Recently, when I try and boot, I get into the Windows loading screen, and then it blue screens with the error UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME. Is this a problem with my array, or with Windows, and how do I fix it?

Thanks,
Tyler

Advertisements

kd1966

kd1966

• PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
This RAID 0, yes......? If so, you may want to back up any important docs to a CD, as it sounds like your RAID volume is about to go

ya know.............. they should have called it AID, not RAID

Tyler5690

Tyler5690

• PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
Yeah, I've kinda written off my data, as I can't get into the array to save anything. Anyway, what component is at fault: the controller, the drives, or the operating system?