Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

malware scare and slow internet

• Please log in to reply

hildegain

hildegain

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
i have found that recently a little pop up to the bottom right of my screen keeps popping up saying

windows has detected spyware infection

it is recommended to use special anti-spare tools to prevent data loss. windows will now download and install the most up-to-date antispyware for you

click here to protect your computer from spyware.

also in task manager i have 2 IEXPLORE.EXE which i cannot shut down, they keep restarting, i have run all my anti-spyware and antivirus products to no avail.

i shall now post my hijack this and ewido log.

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 01:15:28, on 02/11/2005
Platform: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\ewidoctrl.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Panda Software\PavShld\pavprsrv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\VTTimer.exe
C:\WINDOWS\SOUNDMAN.EXE
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
c:\progra~1\intern~1\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\WinRAR\WinRAR.exe
C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\Rar$EX00.473\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.google.co.uk/
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.google.co.uk/
O3 - Toolbar: B0rn super toolbar - {19d26cc4-0b18-49e1-bae1-6f589b2943c7} - C:\Program Files\B0rn super\tbB0rn.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VTTimer] VTTimer.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Zone Labs Client] "C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SoundMan] SOUNDMAN.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroCheck] C:\WINDOWS\system32\NeroCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WindowsUpdate] C:\WINDOWS\System\svchost.exe /s
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MsnMsgr] "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [WebKind] C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\APPLIC~1\THIRDS~1\road wma.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [AIM] C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe -cnetwait.odl
O4 - Startup: StickyNote.lnk = C:\Program Files\StickyNote\StickyNote.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: AIM - {AC9E2541-2814-11d5-BC6D-00B0D0A1DE45} - C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\MSMSGS.EXE
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\MSMSGS.EXE
O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft....k/?linkid=39204
O16 - DPF: {193C772A-87BE-4B19-A7BB-445B226FE9A1} (ewidoOnlineScan Control) - http://download.ewid...oOnlineScan.cab
O16 - DPF: {7F8C8173-AD80-4807-AA75-5672F22B4582} (ICSScanner Class) - http://download.zone...canner37370.cab
O16 - DPF: {B38870E4-7ECB-40DA-8C6A-595F0A5519FF} (MsnMessengerSetupDownloadControl Class) - http://messenger.msn...pdownloader.cab
O23 - Service: CA ISafe (CAISafe) - Computer Associates International, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\System32\ZoneLabs\isafe.exe
O23 - Service: ewido security suite control - ewido networks - C:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\ewidoctrl.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: Macromedia Licensing Service - Macromedia - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Macromedia Shared\Service\Macromedia Licensing.exe
O23 - Service: Panda Process Protection Service (PavPrSrv) - Panda Software - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Panda Software\PavShld\pavprsrv.exe
O23 - Service: StyleXPService - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\TGTSoft\StyleXP\StyleXPService.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: TrueVector Internet Monitor (vsmon) - Zone Labs Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe

---------------------------------------------------------
ewido security suite - Scan report
---------------------------------------------------------

+ Created on: 01:13:29, 02/11/2005
+ Report-Checksum: 81E96DA

+ Scan result:

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Cookies\[email protected][1].txt -> Spyware.Cookie.2o7 : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Cookies\administrator@2o7[2].txt -> Spyware.Cookie.2o7 : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Cookies\[email protected][1].txt -> Spyware.Cookie.Euroclick : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Cookies\administrator@burstnet[2].txt -> Spyware.Cookie.Burstnet : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Cookies\[email protected][2].txt -> Spyware.Cookie.Esomniture : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Cookies\[email protected][2].txt -> Spyware.Cookie.Esomniture : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Cookies\[email protected][1].txt -> Spyware.Cookie.Esomniture : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Application Data\Wildtangent\Cdacache\00\00\0C.dat/files\wtvh.dll -> Spyware.WildTangent : Cleaned with backup
C:\WINDOWS\NDNuninstall6_90.exe -> Adware.NewDotNet : Cleaned with backup
C:\WINDOWS\system32\favme.exe -> Trojan.Favadd.an : Cleaned with backup

::Report End

please get back to me ASAP. it's annoying as [bleep].

Advertisements