Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Outlook Express

• Please log in to reply

thumper88

thumper88

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
yes.. i know i could resort to some other e-mail servers and i do.. but this is for my dad. he is determined to get this stupid outlook express working. and he refuses to go to any other provider.. so im stuck.

My problem is that at first i couldnt do anything.. not even the send and recieve thing worked. there were alwasy errors.. so i contacted sympatico and got that fixed and stuff.. alright so now there are no error messages.. and i have tried sending something to my dads e-mail repeatedly from my e-mail, moms e-mail, dads e-mail.. even my sisters e-mail and none of them get recieved. I try sending to numerous e-mails. and none of them send.. they go in the outbox folder and then disappear after a few minutes.. completely gone. in the sent messages folder.. they show up as if they were sent. but nothing is recieved. .. and there is not one error message.. in the corner it says checking mail.. and it says that for about a minute and then says there are no new messages when there have been messages sent over and over. it is VERY frusterating.. please help. :tazz:

Edited by thumper88, 01 November 2005 - 10:15 PM.

Advertisements

Thef0rce

Thef0rce

• PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
are you using pop to fetch the email? is it configured properly? I cant stand outlook and wouldn't ever use it. but its not a matter of changing providers as much as changing email clients. mozilla's thunderbird is very good indeed and it does the same things as outlook and it will work as long as you're not fetching from hotmail.

is there a webmail interface? if so then you'll be able to login to that and see if the messages really have reached the inbox on the server before you decide its an outlook problem exclusively.

if you're interested, here's a link for thunderbird: http://www.mozilla.o...ts/thunderbird/ its excellent, does all the things outlook does and is more secure to boot.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
this almost sounds like it's a sympatico problem not neccessarily an outlook problem...if it's not giving you errors...then in theory it's working...but if they gave you the wrong pop and smtp servers...then she aint gonna work....have you tried using standard outlook?

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
this almost sounds like it's a sympatico problem not neccessarily an outlook problem...if it's not giving you errors...then in theory it's working...but if they gave you the wrong pop and smtp servers...then she aint gonna work....have you tried using standard outlook?

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP