Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

windows media center vs xp pro

• Please log in to reply

huddy32

huddy32

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
I just bought a HP Pavilion a1230n this opast weekend. and I don't know the difference between Media center and XP Pro my old comp had pro, and im a student and i can get XP pro for 10 bucks my question is. what would i be losing if i updated to XP pro. it seems there is a lot of photo stuff and the DVD burner and lightscribe stuff... if i went and got XP pro would all that stuff be gone???? if it all goes if i get pro i would be losing a lot of stuff... but i keep hearing pro is the best... so i don't know what to do AT ALL..

please give your advise and what the difference is between the 2 and if i would lose all my stuff on the media center edition.

Advertisements