Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

OEM Product KEy changer

• Please log in to reply

digitaly

digitaly

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
Hi guys! my hd had enough and packed up :P ! now I bought a new one and because I bought this pc on the eB*y didn't come with the restore disk :) ... so I installed a pirate version of windows xp and It wouldn't allowed me to change the product key with my legal one :) . So i got hold from a friend his restore disk for DE*L D600 laptop but I'm now using my friend product key!... So I have tryed to change the licence again but no luck :tazz: . Now I'm thinking if is possible to rip my friend restore disk and replace the product key with my legal one :woot: . But do anybody know where the product key script is it hiden in the restore disk? :P anybody can help/suggest me on replacing a product key on windows 2k Pro SP2 De*l OEM? Any help apprecisate.
P.S.
I did try many product key changers non of them works :woot: . On restart my machine shows only the old product key.
any help apprecisate
Fabio :woot:

Advertisements

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy:

Use the "Call Microsoft to activate" option and tell them what you did.. Then, give them your "legal" key code.. Once verified as legitimate, they will issue an activation code for your XP install !!

Murray