Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

IE explorer inetcpl error?

• Please log in to reply

razzelle

razzelle

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
Just yesterday I started getting this error when trying to delete all offline content....when I close IE explorer also...

this is what I am seeing...

error
"c:\windows\system32\shell32.dll,control-rundll"c\windows\system32inetcpl.cpl,internet options...

what does that mean??? I didnt do anything weird, that I can think of?

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Hi razzelle!

Try running CleanUp! from the link in my signature and let it do a STANDARD cleanup. Then after you are done logging back in, reboot your computer and once you are logged back in, try and see if you still get the same errors.

Fenor

razzelle

razzelle

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
this didnt work. :tazz:

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
It's the internet control panel log, it keeps the information in history and such, and it's likely become corrupted. You might try deleting cookies, history, etc, and see if it's corrected. One possibility is you may have lost a .dll or something that is needed to keep it up to date, so it isn't valid.

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Do you have SP2 installed? If so, download the attachment in this post and extract inetcpl.cpl to c:\windows\system32. Then reboot your computer and let me know if the error continues.

Fenor

Attached Files