Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

firefox/wmediaplayer plugin

• Please log in to reply

doc martini24

doc martini24

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
I am very happy with firefox as my browser, but it consistently closes with an error message while trying to open movies using windows media player within the browser window. I have been prompted to send and have sent error reports to both microsoft and mozilla; I would really like to not have to run two browsers. I am running on xp sp2 and have installed all of the updates released this week. I have the 1.0 release of firefox and windows media player 10. If I need to post a hijack log or other info, please let me know. I found the firefox help a bit sketchy, but if anyone knows of a fix to this problem that is ridiculously easy please let me know, otherwise help :tazz:

Advertisements

ditto

ditto

- i pwn n00bs -

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts
hey doc,

not very sure, might be some capatability issue with other software on your computer. Try uninstalling then reinstalling windows media player.