Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ActiveX problems in IE

• Please log in to reply

katlevy

katlevy

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
I am having activex problems or flashware probs. On some websites I get a blank window and cant view the page. The security settings are ok, this has been going on a week now. Also i have an error that says "nvdesk32.dll module not found".

Any support on this would be great as I need to view these pages to get some work done.

Kathy

Advertisements

CJIS

CJIS

• PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
Ok i had the same problem a while ago. Firstly do you have a Nvidia Graphics card?

katlevy

katlevy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
I have no idea

katlevy

katlevy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
I have no idea about the graphics card.

CJIS

CJIS

• PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
Ok firstly click on start and then click run and at the prompt type in 'DXDiag' and then when that box loads up click on display and it will show you your graphics card make/type. (Or it should)
If it is NVidia then go to control Panel and then remove any NVidia drivers and then you should go to the NVidia website and download the correct drivers for your card and then install the downloaded file.

Edited by CJIS, 02 November 2005 - 01:53 PM.

katlevy

katlevy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
i did have the type you specified, then i deleted it from control panel, now my screen is all messed up. So, now i'm going to go to the website and TRY and find the right driver, because i dont know which one it is and install it. Wish me luck. I have no idea what i am doing. i need this fixed asap.

thanks
kathy

katlevy

katlevy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Well I did what you suggested and it changed absolutely nothing. I still cannot view certain activex pages, or however you say it....it's just a big white box with a small triangle, circle and square in the left corner. HELP HELP HELP. Activex not working....i've tried almost everything.

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Hi Kathy,

Can you give me the link of a page you are tryiing to view that isn't working?

Fenor

katlevy

katlevy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
here's a link my son cant view (4 years old)

http://disney.go.com...oday/index.html

here's a link i cant view

http://agentplace.co...00929&hdnStep=5

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Does your computer connect to the Internet through a router?

Fenor

Advertisements

katlevy

katlevy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
no, no router. cable modem - roadrunner. it has something to do with internet explorer settings or something is missing. i've had errors saying nvdesk32.dll module missing, and run.dll.

kathy

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
You need to download macromedia flash player. This will fix at least the problem with the first site you listed, and possible the second one as well. You can get it from here.

Fenor

katlevy

katlevy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
thanks, i'll try it and let ya know....kathy

katlevy

katlevy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
i cant even download flashplayer with the link you sent me. it says this:

Important Message: You may need to click the gold bar at the top of the browser window to allow the install.

When you see the installation completion movie above and text below, your installation was successful. The installation should only take a minute or two on a 56k modem.
Did you know?
Now you can use Flash to educate, train, and inform in minutes, not months.
Learn more ›

Start Creating Now
Learn more about creating Flash content
Note:
If a browser Security Warning dialog box appears like the one below, you will need to click Install to install the player.
Your computer may require a reboot after auto-installation of the Flash Player ActiveX control, if the Flash Player is already in use during the installation process.

now what??????????????

help,
kathy

CJIS

CJIS

• PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
firstly I would try going- Start and then run and type in regedit and click on HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT and then going down and clicking .swf and then on the right, right click on (Defualt) and then click modify and make sure it says ShockwaveFlash.ShockwaveFlash
Then modify content type and make sure it says application/x-shockwave-flash