Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Winik.sys File [CLOSED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Zel7o2

Zel7o2

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
Dear Staff,

I've been researching for about 4 hours now, and I have gotten rid of all the trojans, viruses, and malware on my computer, and then suddenly I stumble on "winik.sys" is a hacker tool, do you want to delete it or not?

Why sure! I would love to delete it. Well guess, what haha. Spent about an hour trying to delete it. Ran unlocker, fxs, Panda, kaspersky, trend micro, adware, command prompt, safemode with command prompt, hijack, and just plain deleteing it. Apparently its in use and I can't do anything about it.

Last night I had to spend about 4 hours getting rid of spyware that redirected me to links when I click on them on google, and another 4 hours trying to delete a folder that was empty and got corrupted because "Contains no directory error." Luckily, that one, I overlooked the obvious and deleted it in Safe mode, after much pain-staking effort.

Soooooo... if anyone can help :tazz:. That would be greatly appreciated. I worked with Excal before and got rid of the annoying Winfixer file, but now this winik.sys file is tripping me out.

Advertisements

Zel7o2

Zel7o2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
Oh, my Panda says it just deleted it, and the file was deleted, but when I visit the System32 folder, it's still there.

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
Hello, and welcome to GeeksToGo! I'm sorry we overlooked your post at first. :tazz:

Could you please go HERE and follow Step 5: Posting a HijackThis log

Download WinKRootKitRemover. Execute the program, and post the log it creates.

Save Silent Runners.vbs to your desktop and double click on it to run. This will make a file called something like "Startup Programs (UserName) DateTime.txt". Double click on it, so it'll open in Notepad. Post the text here.

Launch Notepad, and copy/paste the box below into a new text file. Save it as Options.txt on your Desktop.

RegSearch Options File
[Search]
winik
[Exclude]
[Options]
Filter=KVDLU

Download Registry Search and extract it. Doubleclick the icon to run and click on "Import...". Select the file you created above. Click "OK" and Registry Search will search the Registry and report what it finds. Post that here.

Post me all three logs, plus the HijackThis log. Winik can be tricky to remove, but this method will allow me to effectively and quickly remove winik from your computer :)

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.