Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Seem to have the wvvwa worm [RESOLVED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

sweets35

sweets35

• PipPip
  • 59 posts
2 weeks ago my computer wouldn't stay in the standby mode, it would try, but blink twice and wake up. A friend told me to run a search for wvvwa.ini and wvvwa*, and it came back with wvvwa.bak1 wvvwa.2 and wvvwa.ini I have searched all over trying to figure out how to fix it and came across this site.

Have read up on what to do, put not sure I am experienced enough to do it, especially posting the system info. I do not have backup cd or disks, so do I have to try and make them before running anything? Hate to appear stupid, but only being as honest as possible. This thing has been bugging me for weeks, and now I am getting popups, something about Winfix that wants me to run it, and I am not downloading anything I am not sure of. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I am running a Compaq 7600, a year old, have Norton's anti virus which is totally up to date, and also have service pk. 2 which is run automatically and is up to date, and have a firewall, so I thought all these things would keep my computer nice and clean, but guess not. I am totally lost...... :tazz:

Advertisements

tampabelle

tampabelle

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 6,363 posts
We'll need you to use a free diagnostic tool, Hijack This. Follow the instructions in step five of this guide, and reply here with your log.

Most of what Hijack This lists lists will be harmless or even essential, DO NOT delete or modify anything yet! Someone will be along to tell you what steps to take after you post the contents of the scan results.

Edited by tampabelle, 02 November 2005 - 03:13 PM.

sweets35

sweets35

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
Did U want me to download Ad Aware or some other thing, as I did download Ad Aware and Spybot before, and it did nothing. I wound up removing both of them. Not sure exactly what U want me to do, sorry for not quite understanding.

tampabelle

tampabelle

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 6,363 posts
Hi,

Hijack This is a specialized tool which will tell me about a few settings on your PC.

It is different from Ad Aware and Spybot.

Please right click on - http://www.geekstogo...n=download&id=3 - then click on Save as ....

Save the file in a new folder C:\HJT.

Follow the instructions for use of Hijack This in the guide here - http://www.geekstogo...?showtopic=2852 at Step 5.

Once you run Hijack This and generate a log (details given in the page above), post it back here in this same topic.

Then I can see what needs to be fixed. Please do not delete or fix any items in Hijack This.

Edited by tampabelle, 02 November 2005 - 03:41 PM.

sweets35

sweets35

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
I have no idea what is wrong, but when I right click on the link, it just says ...Save target as...I can't get the reg. save as and make a new folder??????? I tried clicking on the link, and it just asks if I want to save, run or cancel. I hit save, and it starts downloading into a folder, and I can't catch it to make a new one. Guess I will have to take a break and try later, as something is wrong, or I am just not understanding.

tampabelle

tampabelle

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 6,363 posts
Hi,

OK, you need to have the folder ready before you download the file.

Open Windows Explorer (Double click on My Computer on your desktop). Click on C: (it may be appended by a name which you may have give to your hard drive. You will see a list of folders and files in the right hand pane. In the empty space, right click and then click on New --> Folder. Name it HJT.

Now click on the Hijack This link I gave you above and click on - Save target as. A window will open. Navigate to the folder HJT you just created and then hit enter.

sweets35

sweets35

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
Ok, hopefully I got it this time. Man, I have never felt so dumb in all my life. I made the folder in C and named it HJT, do I click on the next link and run it? I tried doing it, and it said HJT seems t be in a temp. folder, please quit and make it a folder of it's own. I redid it, and it comes up in C as HJT. We are all going to need a vacation when I am finished. I really do appreciate your help, even if I don't seem to know what I am doing. Will be back for next instructions, as each time I try to run Hi Jack, it keeps telling me it is in a temp. folder?

sweets35

sweets35

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
Hopefully this is the log. I got it from Notepad:
Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 7:02:19 PM, on 11/2/2005
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\gearsec.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton Utilities\NPROTECT.EXE
C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\SPEEDD~1\nopdb.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\SymWSC.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_03\bin\jusched.exe
C:\windows\system\hpsysdrv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
C:\HP\KBD\KBD.EXE
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\WINDOWS\AGRSMMSG.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\NORTON~1\navapw32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe
C:\WINDOWS\ALCXMNTR.EXE
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\Program Files\Compaq Connections\1940576\Program\BackWeb-1940576.exe
C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\W3J72819\HijackThis[1].exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://ie.redirect.h...ario&pf=desktop
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://ie.redirect.h...ario&pf=desktop
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://ie.redirect.h...ario&pf=desktop
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://ie.redirect.h...ario&pf=desktop
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.snet.net/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://ie.redirect.h...ario&pf=desktop
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://ie.redirect.h...ario&pf=desktop
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://ie.redirect.h...ario&pf=desktop
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://ie.redirect.h...ario&pf=desktop
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://ie.redirect.h...ario&pf=desktop
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {549B5CA7-4A86-11D7-A4DF-000874180BB3} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: NAV Helper - {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872} - C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O2 - BHO: MSEvents Object - {FC148228-87E1-4D00-AC06-58DCAA52A4D1} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\awvvw.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {FDD3B846-8D59-4ffb-8758-209B6AD74ACC} - (no file)
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_03\bin\jusched.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [hpsysdrv] c:\windows\system\hpsysdrv.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HotKeysCmds] C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [KBD] C:\HP\KBD\KBD.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Recguard] C:\WINDOWS\SMINST\RECGUARD.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AGRSMMSG] AGRSMMSG.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PS2] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ps2.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Reminder] "C:\Windows\Creator\Remind_XP.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NAV Agent] C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\NORTON~1\navapw32.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Symantec NetDriver Monitor] C:\PROGRA~1\SYMNET~1\SNDMon.exe /Consumer
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IgfxTray] C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AlcxMonitor] ALCXMNTR.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [REGSHAVE] C:\Program Files\REGSHAVE\REGSHAVE.EXE /AUTORUN
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UserFaultCheck] %systemroot%\system32\dumprep 0 -u
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - Startup: Compaq Organize.lnk = ?
O4 - Startup: IMStart.lnk = C:\Program Files\InterMute\IMStart.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Compaq Connections.lnk = C:\Program Files\Compaq Connections\1940576\Program\BackWeb-1940576.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Quicken Scheduled Updates.lnk = C:\Program Files\Quicken\bagent.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: Add To Compaq Organize... - C:\PROGRA~1\HEWLET~1\COMPAQ~1\bin\core.hp.main\SendTo.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MI1933~1\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_03\bin\npjpi142_03.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_03\bin\npjpi142_03.dll
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MI1933~1\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{83F64DA1-66B2-41F3-9B14-51E47D7391BD}: NameServer = 204.60.203.179 66.73.20.40
O17 - HKLM\System\CS1\Services\Tcpip\..\{83F64DA1-66B2-41F3-9B14-51E47D7391BD}: NameServer = 204.60.203.179 66.73.20.40
O20 - Winlogon Notify: awvvw - C:\WINDOWS\system32\awvvw.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: igfxcui - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\igfxsrvc.dll
O23 - Service: Gear Security Service (GEARSecurity) - GEAR Software - C:\WINDOWS\System32\gearsec.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service (iPodService) - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Auto Protect Service (navapsvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Norton Unerase Protection (NProtectService) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton Utilities\NPROTECT.EXE
O23 - Service: ScriptBlocking Service (SBService) - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\SYMANT~1\SCRIPT~1\SBServ.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Drivers Service (SNDSrvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: Speed Disk service - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\SPEEDD~1\nopdb.exe
O23 - Service: SymWMI Service (SymWSC) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\SymWSC.exe

tampabelle

tampabelle

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 6,363 posts
Great !!! Lets get to cleaning up your PC now.

Please print these instructions out for use in Safe Mode.

Please download VundoFix.exe to your desktop.
  • Double-click VundoFix.exe to extract the files
  • This will create a VundoFix folder on your desktop.
  • After the files are extracted, please reboot your computer into Safe Mode. You can do this by restarting your computer and continually tapping the F8 key until a menu appears. Use your up arrow key to highlight Safe Mode then hit enter.
  • Once in safe mode open the VundoFix folder and doubleclick on KillVundo.bat
  • You will first be presented with a warning.
    It should look like this

VundoFix V2.15 by Atri
    By using VundoFix you agree that you are doing so at your own risk
    Press enter to continue....

• At this point press enter one time.
  • Next you will see:

Please Type in the filepath as instructed by the forum staff
    and then press enter:

• At this point please type the following file path (make sure to enter it exactly as below!):
    • C:\WINDOWS\system32\awvvw.dll
  • Press Enter to continue with the fix.
  • Next you will see:

Please type in the second filepath as instructed by the forum
    staff then press enter:

• At this point please type the following file path (make sure to enter it exactly as below!):C:\WINDOWS\system32\wvvwa.*
  • Press Enter to continue with the fix.
  • The fix will run then HijackThis will open, if it does not open automatically please open it manually.
  • In HiJackThis, please place a check next to the following items and click FIX CHECKED:
    O2 - BHO: MSEvents Object - {FC148228-87E1-4D00-AC06-58DCAA52A4D1} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\awvvw.dll
    O20 - Winlogon Notify: awvvw - C:\WINDOWS\system32\awvvw.dll
  • After you have fixed these items, close Hijackthis.
  • Press enter to exit the program then manually reboot your computer.
  • Once your machine reboots please continue with the instructions below.
Download and install CleanUp!

Open Cleanup! by double-clicking the icon on your desktop (or from the Start > All Programs menu).
Set the program up as follows:
Click "Options..."
Move the arrow down to "Custom CleanUp!"
Put a check next to the following (Make sure nothing else is checked!):
  • Empty Recycle Bins
  • Delete Cookies
  • Delete Prefetch files
  • Cleanup! All Users
Click OK
Press the CleanUp! button to start the program.

It may ask you to reboot at the end, click NO.

Then, please run this online virus scan: ActiveScan

Copy the results of the ActiveScan and paste them here along with a new HiJackThis log and the vundofix.txt file from the vundofix folder into this topic.

sweets35

sweets35

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
Okey dokey...I will have to copy and paste this stuff into an email and send it to hubby, as I don't have a printer. Once he prints it out, I will give it a go. Wish me luck, and if ya don't see me again, ya know I REALLY messed it up..... :tazz:

U don't know how much I appreciate this help, as I am computer dumb when it comes to the technical part of them, but after my drs. appt. this afternoon, I will definitely see what I can do, hopefully, it will come out right.

Another thing I must add. After someone told me to download Ad Aware, I ran it, plus we did a complete search to see if I had this stupid worm. Have no idea which action caused this to happen, but now I have a whole new folder which named itself My recent documents. It had all my pictures etc. in it, which I deleted the pix, as they are in regular folders, but it has some other stuff in it which I don't know if it is safe to dump or not. Also, my D drive is very fragmented, have no idea what that is all about either??? Will write down the names of the things in the new folder and post them later, maybe U can tell me if it is safe to dump the whole thing or not. Oh well, off I go to get ready for the appt. and then the fun of trying to fix this thing starts. I also keep getting some fool popup from Modzilla displaying all my info. like ISP etc. and it tells me it has sent it, don't know where, but I get that at least once a day. When I get off the net and go to Nortons to try and clean my cache, alot of times it won't let me, as it says...An internet browser is active on your machine, and U must shut it down to perform this action. Oh well, just thought I would give U some extra info. that might give U an idea of what is going on.

Thanx again, and will be back later. Have a great morning........ :)

Advertisements

sweets35

sweets35

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
I got to everything up to where if U hit enter Hijack will open, but it kept saying it couldn't find Hijack. Being in safe mode, there was no way of me getting to it in C. I restarted the machine, which took awhile as it didn't want to boot up, and I find Hijack in C, but it has no info. on it at all. That is as far as I have gotten, as I can't find the items to click on to do Fix Checked. We double checked the instructions U gave, also double checked what I was suppose to type in, all in safe mode, but can't get the hijack..... :tazz:

sweets35

sweets35

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
I just noticed that the computer is staying in the standby mode. Boy, now I am really confused. Oh well, just LMK what ya think I should do next....Thanx again......... :tazz:

BTW..How do U edit a post so I could have added this and not start a whole new box?

tampabelle

tampabelle

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 6,363 posts
Hi,

Dont worry about deviations from the fix I gave you. It happens when the infection misbehaves :tazz:

Please post a fresh Hijack This log here and I will look at it and decide on the future course of action.

BTW, dont worry about multiple replies. Thats OK.

sweets35

sweets35

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
OK, here it is, I hope!!!

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 8:31:28 PM, on 11/3/2005
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\gearsec.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton Utilities\NPROTECT.EXE
C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\SPEEDD~1\nopdb.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\SymWSC.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_03\bin\jusched.exe
C:\windows\system\hpsysdrv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
C:\HP\KBD\KBD.EXE
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\WINDOWS\AGRSMMSG.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\NORTON~1\navapw32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe
C:\WINDOWS\ALCXMNTR.EXE
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\HJT\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://ie.redirect.h...ario&pf=desktop
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://ie.redirect.h...ario&pf=desktop
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://ie.redirect.h...ario&pf=desktop
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://ie.redirect.h...ario&pf=desktop
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.snet.net/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://ie.redirect.h...ario&pf=desktop
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://ie.redirect.h...ario&pf=desktop
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://ie.redirect.h...ario&pf=desktop
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://ie.redirect.h...ario&pf=desktop
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://ie.redirect.h...ario&pf=desktop
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: NAV Helper - {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872} - C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O2 - BHO: MSEvents Object - {FC148228-87E1-4D00-AC06-58DCAA52A4D1} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\awvvw.dll (file missing)
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_03\bin\jusched.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Symantec NetDriver Monitor] C:\PROGRA~1\SYMNET~1\SNDMon.exe /Consumer
O4 - Global Startup: Compaq Connections.lnk = C:\Program Files\Compaq Connections\1940576\Program\BackWeb-1940576.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Quicken Scheduled Updates.lnk = C:\Program Files\Quicken\bagent.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: Add To Compaq Organize... - C:\PROGRA~1\HEWLET~1\COMPAQ~1\bin\core.hp.main\SendTo.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MI1933~1\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_03\bin\npjpi142_03.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_03\bin\npjpi142_03.dll
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MI1933~1\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{83F64DA1-66B2-41F3-9B14-51E47D7391BD}: NameServer = 204.60.203.179 66.73.20.40
O17 - HKLM\System\CS1\Services\Tcpip\..\{83F64DA1-66B2-41F3-9B14-51E47D7391BD}: NameServer = 204.60.203.179 66.73.20.40
O20 - Winlogon Notify: awvvw - C:\WINDOWS\system32\awvvw.dll (file missing)
O23 - Service: Gear Security Service (GEARSecurity) - GEAR Software - C:\WINDOWS\System32\gearsec.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service (iPodService) - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Auto Protect Service (navapsvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Norton Unerase Protection (NProtectService) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton Utilities\NPROTECT.EXE
O23 - Service: ScriptBlocking Service (SBService) - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\SYMANT~1\SCRIPT~1\SBServ.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Drivers Service (SNDSrvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: Speed Disk service - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\SPEEDD~1\nopdb.exe
O23 - Service: SymWMI Service (SymWSC) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\SymWSC.exe

sweets35

sweets35

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
Here is the log from the Hijackthis.log file. Not sure if it has the same info. as the one I copied from notepad or not, but just happen to find this when I went into my C:\ Even though I wrote the directions down, I didn't see this till just a few minutes ago. Hopefully posting both will help if there is still a problem. Right now the computer is staying in the standby mode, so that is a relief, as I don't have to listen to it grunt when it keeps coming awake.........:tazz:

C:\HJT\HijackThis.exe

O2 - BHO: MSEvents Object - {FC148228-87E1-4D00-AC06-58DCAA52A4D1} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\awvvw.dll (file missing)
O20 - Winlogon Notify: awvvw - C:\WINDOWS\system32\awvvw.dll (file missing)