Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Two Lan's Sharing

• Please log in to reply

mehran82

mehran82

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I want to make a Network in which I have 15 PCs, I will make 2 of theme as Servers (Win XP) for Ineternet Connection Sharing and I will add 6 , 6 clients under each Server.
But the remaning 1 PC i want to use as Movies and Songs PC, It will share Movies and Songs to both Lan's , For This I will plug two LAN cards in this Media PC. and I will connect it to both LAN's , I will make it part of LAN 1 , so that it can Access the internet.
But My problem is that if 192.168.0.1 IP will be Used by Server 1, How I will run Ineternet Connection sharing on Server 2 because it will need also 192.168.0.1 IP to run ICS?
Also How I will stop media PC to not share the internet connection sharing of LAN 1 with LAN 2. because Media PC is also connected to LAN 2 , so it can give internet access to the 6 clients of LAN2.
Any Help to Solve this issue.
Best Regards
Mehran.

Advertisements