Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Counter Strike

• Please log in to reply

d3coy

d3coy

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
hello! the past 3-4 days have been really bad as far as my gaming in counter strike. my ping is jumping anywhere from 300-900+. i'll be playing fine for any number of minutes, and then BAM it hits me, and my ping is jumping and i can't play. my internet connection seems to be good because of the fact that my internet is running fast and smooth. recently i just uninstalled everything including half life. the past reinstallments haven't been successful. so if there is anything at all that u guys can do to help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks for your health in advance!

Advertisements

Antartic-Boy

Antartic-Boy

Visiting Staff

• Visiting Consultant
  • 1,120 posts
Before that what was your ping aprox.?

It can be maybe some server problems (server on which you connect, so try another server to see if it's the problem), your internet connection (if you are playing from internet caffe, or maybe some ISP related problem), or some malware related problem (Go in malware forum and check if your computer is maybe infected)..

Edited by Antartic-Boy, 02 November 2005 - 05:41 PM.

d3coy

d3coy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
my ping before this started to happen was anywhere from 30-60. now it's like 300-900+.

it's not the server because i have tested out numerous of servers and i still get the same outcome.

my internet connection has been good as far as web browsing and wat not. still going quickly and fast.

im clean of malware. posted my hjt log and they cleared it.

earlier i uninstalled everything dealing with the game counter strike, including half life. im now trying to reinstall. however, i get this message when i click Install Halflife:

Titled ---> 16 bit Windows Subsystem
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'Close' to terminate the application.
Close----Ignore.

(both options give me the same outcome of returning to the desktop.) any information on this would be appreciated!

thanks again!

Edited by d3coy, 02 November 2005 - 10:23 PM.