Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PSGuard and WASP! Help! [RESOLVED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

keelieawn

keelieawn

• Pip
  • 8 posts
I came in contact with the "spyware removers" WASP and PSGuard last night. This morning is when I realized what they really were. Now, my homepage is changed into a "security page" and my background on my desktop has a WARNING: Spyware and adware detected on this computer...blah blah blah. First off, I would like thank you guys for helping out myself and others in these difficult situations. I'm a wee bit savvy with computers but spyware and adware are all new to me so the help is much needed and appreciated. :woot: Thank you again and here's my HijackThis.

---------------------------------------------------------
ewido security suite - Scan report

+ Created on: 4:46:37 PM, 11/2/2005
+ Report-Checksum: 85CC2587

+ Scan result:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{2B96D5CC-C5B5-49A5-A69D-CC0A30F9028C} -> Spyware.MiniBug : Cleaned with backup
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\MiniBugTransporter.MiniBugTransporterX\CLSID\\ -> Spyware.MiniBug : Cleaned with backup
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\MiniBugTransporter.MiniBugTransporterX.1\CLSID\\ -> Spyware.MiniBug : Cleaned with backup
HKLM\SOFTWARE\PSGuard.com -> Spyware.PSGuard : Error during cleaning
HKLM\SOFTWARE\PSGuard.com\PSGuard -> Spyware.PSGuard : Error during cleaning
HKLM\SOFTWARE\PSGuard.com\PSGuard\P.S.Guard -> Spyware.PSGuard : Error during cleaning
HKLM\SOFTWARE\PSGuard.com\PSGuard\P.S.Guard\License -> Spyware.PSGuard : Cleaned with backup
[840] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ldA4CC.tmp -> TrojanDownloader.Small.bsx : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\Valued Customer\Application Data\PSGuard.com -> Spyware.PSGuard : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\Valued Customer\Application Data\PSGuard.com\P.S.Guard -> Spyware.PSGuard : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\Valued Customer\Application Data\PSGuard.com\P.S.Guard\Autorun -> Spyware.PSGuard : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\Valued Customer\Application Data\PSGuard.com\P.S.Guard\Autorun\HKCURun -> Spyware.PSGuard : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\Valued Customer\Application Data\PSGuard.com\P.S.Guard\Autorun\HKCURun\RunOnce -> Spyware.PSGuard : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\Valued Customer\Application Data\PSGuard.com\P.S.Guard\Autorun\HKCURun\RunOnceEx -> Spyware.PSGuard : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\Valued Customer\Application Data\PSGuard.com\P.S.Guard\Autorun\HKLMRun -> Spyware.PSGuard : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\Valued Customer\Application Data\PSGuard.com\P.S.Guard\Autorun\HKLMRun\RunOnce -> Spyware.PSGuard : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\Valued Customer\Application Data\PSGuard.com\P.S.Guard\Autorun\HKLMRun\RunOnceEx -> Spyware.PSGuard : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\Valued Customer\Application Data\PSGuard.com\P.S.Guard\Autorun\StartMenuAllUsers -> Spyware.PSGuard : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\Valued Customer\Application Data\PSGuard.com\P.S.Guard\Autorun\StartMenuCurrentUser -> Spyware.PSGuard : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\Valued Customer\Application Data\PSGuard.com\P.S.Guard\BrowserObjects -> Spyware.PSGuard : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\Valued Customer\Cookies\valued customer@com[2].txt -> Spyware.Cookie.Com : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\Valued Customer\Cookies\valued customer@doubleclick[1].txt -> Spyware.Cookie.Doubleclick : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\Valued Customer\Cookies\valued customer@tribalfusion[2].txt -> Spyware.Cookie.Tribalfusion : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\Valued Customer\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\01NZAM6M\mm[2].js -> Spyware.Chitika : Cleaned with backup
C:\Program Files\Security Toolbar\Security Toolbar.dll -> TrojanDownloader.Agent.yb : Cleaned with backup
C:\WINDOWS\system32\intell32.exe -> Spyware.PSGuard : Cleaned with backup
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ldA4CC.tmp -> TrojanDownloader.Small.bsx : Cleaned with backup
C:\WINDOWS\system32\mssearchnet.exe -> TrojanDownloader.Zlob.ap : Cleaned with backup
C:\WINDOWS\system32\oleext.dll -> Trojan.Promoter.c : Cleaned with backup

::Report End

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 5:18:06 PM, on 11/2/2005
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\csrss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\WinAntiVirus 2005 Pro\AVKernel.exe
C:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\ewidoctrl.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\ewidoguard.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvctrl.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\hphmon05.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPLpr.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
C:\Program Files\HPQ\Quick Launch Buttons\EabServr.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sonic\Update Manager\sgtray.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_03\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\Program Files\WinAntiVirus 2005 Pro\AVTray.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\Google Desktop Search\GoogleDesktop.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\AIM\aim.exe
C:\Program Files\Kodak\Kodak EasyShare software\bin\EasyShare.exe
C:\Program Files\Kodak\KODAK Software Updater\7288971\Program\Kodak Software Updater.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\SAVScan.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\SymWSC.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\alg.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\Google Desktop Search\GoogleDesktopIndex.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\Google Desktop Search\GoogleDesktopCrawl.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\Google Desktop Search\GoogleDesktopOE.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Valued Customer\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\04EFPZUJ\HijackThis[1].exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://ie.redirect.h...sario&pf=laptop
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://ie.redirect.h...sario&pf=laptop
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =
O2 - BHO: HomepageBHO - {3bf1f86f-b1a8-489b-8d8b-43781d51411f} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\hpC4B0.tmp
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IMJPMIG8.1] "C:\WINDOWS\IME\imjp8_1\IMJPMIG.EXE" /Spoil /RemAdvDef /Migration32
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PHIME2002ASync] C:\WINDOWS\system32\IME\TINTLGNT\TINTSETP.EXE /SYNC
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PHIME2002A] C:\WINDOWS\system32\IME\TINTLGNT\TINTSETP.EXE /IMEName
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPHUPD05] c:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\{45B6180B-DCAB-4093-8EE8-6164457517F0}\hphupd05.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Software Update] "c:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPHmon05] C:\WINDOWS\system32\hphmon05.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPLpr] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPLpr.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPEnh] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IgfxTray] C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HotKeysCmds] C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Cpqset] C:\Program Files\HPQ\Default Settings\cpqset.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [eabconfg.cpl] C:\Program Files\HPQ\Quick Launch Buttons\EabServr.exe /Start
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UpdateManager] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sonic\Update Manager\sgtray.exe" /r
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_03\bin\jusched.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Symantec NetDriver Monitor] C:\PROGRA~1\SYMNET~1\SNDMon.exe /Consumer
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVTray] "C:\Program Files\WinAntiVirus 2005 Pro\AVTray.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [THGuard] "C:\Program Files\TrojanHunter 4.2\THGuard.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Google Desktop Search] "C:\Program Files\Google\Google Desktop Search\GoogleDesktop.exe" /startup
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [AIM] C:\PROGRA~1\AIM\aim.exe -cnetwait.odl
O4 - Global Startup: Kodak EasyShare software.lnk = C:\Program Files\Kodak\Kodak EasyShare software\bin\EasyShare.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Kodak software updater.lnk = C:\Program Files\Kodak\KODAK Software Updater\7288971\Program\Kodak Software Updater.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Quicken Scheduled Updates.lnk = C:\Program Files\Quicken\bagent.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Google Search - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmsearch.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Translate English Word - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmwordtrans.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Backward Links - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmbacklinks.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Cached Snapshot of Page - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmcache.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Similar Pages - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmsimilar.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Translate Page into English - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmtrans.html
O14 - IERESET.INF: START_PAGE_URL=http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&tp=iehome&locale=EN_US&c=Q304&bd=presario&pf=laptop
O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft....k/?linkid=39204
O16 - DPF: {4FE89055-5300-469E-AFAD-DEB3181EDE76} (PearsonAsstX Control) - http://www.mathxl.co...InstallAsst.cab
O16 - DPF: {6E32070A-766D-4EE6-879C-DC1FA91D2FC3} (MUWebControl Class) - http://update.micros...b?1130980013982
O16 - DPF: {9A9307A0-7DA4-4DAF-B042-5009F29E09E1} (ActiveScan Installer Class) - http://acs.pandasoft...free/asinst.cab
O16 - DPF: {C4DD6732-1E82-4AE7-BD94-180331B84082} (DeltaCVX Control) - http://www.mathxl.co...ts/DeltaCVX.cab
O20 - Winlogon Notify: igfxcui - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\igfxsrvc.dll
O23 - Service: AVKernel - WinSoftware, Ltd. - C:\Program Files\WinAntiVirus 2005 Pro\AVKernel.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Password Validation (ccPwdSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccPwdSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Settings Manager (ccSetMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
O23 - Service: ewido security suite control - ewido networks - C:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\ewidoctrl.exe
O23 - Service: ewido security suite guard - ewido networks - C:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\ewidoguard.exe
O23 - Service: HP WMI Interface (hpqwmi) - Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. - C:\Program Files\HPQ\SHARED\HPQWMI.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service (iPodService) - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Auto Protect Service (navapsvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
O23 - Service: SAVScan - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\SAVScan.exe
O23 - Service: ScriptBlocking Service (SBService) - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\SYMANT~1\SCRIPT~1\SBServ.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Drivers Service (SNDSrvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: SymWMI Service (SymWSC) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\SymWSC.exe

Thanks again! :tazz: :) :) :woot:

Advertisements

keelieawn

keelieawn

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Just wanted to add another symptom that I'm experiencing. My computer is definitely running slower especially when I'm logging onto my desktop. Also, I've noticed that every time I start up ewido brings up an alert about Trojan download. I'm only given the option to clean it and that's what I do. I went through Spybot, ewido, and Ad Aware and got rid of the quarantined objects which were trojan and PSGuard. Hope the information is helpful. :tazz: Thanks!

Matt

Matt

Infected with AwesomeWare

• PipPipPip
  • 606 posts
Hi keelieawn, I am currently working on a fix for you, and will have it posted shortly.

Matt

Matt

Matt

• PipPipPip
  • 606 posts
Hi keelieawn
Welcome to GeeksToGo! I will be helping you in cleaning up your computer!

Please print out these directions for use if/when you cannot access this page.

One thing I need you to do first is to place HiJackThis into a permanent folder. The reason for this is so that when HJT makes backups, they will be stored in a safe place.
*Go to Start > My Computer > and double click on C:.
* Now right click an open area and click New > folder and change the folder name to HJT.
* Extract HijackThis from the zipped file into this new folder.

Next, we need to disable Ewido, as it may interfere with the fix.
From the system tray:

* Right-click the system tray icon and uncheck real time protection.

or From within Ewido -
* Under 'Your security status', if the real time protection is active, deactivate it by clicking 'real time protection' until the status says 'inactive'.
We will use Ewido later.

Download smitRem.exe and save the file to your desktop.
Double click on the file to extract it to it's own folder on the desktop.

Place a shortcut to Panda ActiveScan on your desktop.

If you have not already installed Ad-Aware SE 1.06, follow these download and setup instructions, otherwise, check for updates:
Ad-Aware SE Setup
Don't run it yet!

Next, please reboot your computer in SafeMode by doing the following:
  • Restart your computer
  • After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, press F8.
  • Instead of Windows loading as normal, a menu should appear
  • Select the first option, to run Windows in Safe Mode.
Open HJT and click on Config, then Misc Tools, and then press the Delete an NT service.. button. When it opens enter AVKernel then pres OK.
Now scan with HJT and place a checkmark next to each of the following items and click FIX CHECKED:

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://ie.redirect.h...sario&pf=laptop
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://ie.redirect.h...sario&pf=laptop
O2 - BHO: HomepageBHO - {3bf1f86f-b1a8-489b-8d8b-43781d51411f} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\hpC4B0.tmp
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVTray] "C:\Program Files\WinAntiVirus 2005 Pro\AVTray.exe"
O14 - IERESET.INF: START_PAGE_URL=http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&tp=iehome&locale=EN_US&c=Q304&bd=presario&pf=laptop
O23 - Service: AVKernel - WinSoftware, Ltd. - C:\Program Files\WinAntiVirus 2005 Pro\AVKernel.exe

Close HiJackThis.

Find and delete the following files/folders, if present:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\hpC4B0.tmp
C:\Program Files\WinAntiVirus 2005 Pro\ (folder)

Open the smitRem folder, then double click the RunThis.bat file to start the tool. Follow the prompts on screen.
Wait for the tool to complete and disk cleanup to finish.

The tool will create a log named smitfiles.txt in the root of your drive, eg; Local Disk C: or partition where your operating system is installed. Please post that log along with all others requested in your next reply.

Open Ad-aware and do a full scan. Remove all it finds.

Run Ewido:
  • Click on scanner
  • Click on Complete System Scan and the scan will begin.
  • NOTE: During some scans with ewido it is finding cases of false positives.
  • You will need to step through the process of cleaning files one-by-one.
  • If ewido detects a file you KNOW to be legitimate, select none as the action.
  • DO NOT select "Perform action on all infections"
  • If you are unsure of any entry found select none for now.
  • When the scan is finished, click the Save report button at the bottom of the screen.
  • Save the report to your desktop
Close Ewido

Next go to Control Panel click Display > Desktop > Customize Desktop > Web > Uncheck "Security Info" if present.

Reboot back into Windows and click the Panda ActiveScan shortcut.
- Once you are on the Panda site click the Scan your PC button
- A new window will open...click the Check Now button
- Enter your Country
- Enter your State/Province
- Enter your e-mail address and click send
- Select either Home User or Company
- Click the big Scan Now button
- If it wants to install an ActiveX component allow it
- It will start downloading the files it requires for the scan (Note: It may take a couple of minutes)
- When download is complete, click on Local Disks to start the scan
- When the scan completes, if anything malicious is detected, click the See Report button, then Save Report and save it to a convenient location.
Post the contents of the Panda scan report, along with a new HijackThis Log, the contents of smitfiles.txt and the Ewido Log by using Add Reply.

Matt

keelieawn

keelieawn

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Thanks for responding! I'm doing your instructions right now and I'll get back to you and let you know what's going on. Thanks again!!

Keelieawn :tazz:

keelieawn

keelieawn

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
ok, here it goes! :)

:woot: There are actually only a few problems right now that I am experiencing after I did the instructions that you told me to do. I mentioned in the PM that I sent you that everything seemed a bit choppy. Such as my slideshow screen saver. But this morning, it's not choppy at all! Perhaps it needed a little rest in stead of just restarting it? :)

The problem that I am still having is my task bar looking small and more like how the old windows used to have them. I've tried to get it back to how it was but I've had no luck.

The only problem that I ran into while doing the instructions was that when I was in HJT and tried to delete an NT Service called AVKernel, it said that that name didn't exist. I went ahead and finished your instructions but came across another problem. When I was trying to search around for the files/folders that I was supposed to delete, I couldn't find them anywhere. Except for the WinAntiVirus folder. When I put it in the search it comes up with a message saying that C:\Program Files\WinAntiVirus 2005 Pro\ refers to a location that is unavailable. It could be on a hard drive on this computer or on a network. Please make sure that the disk is inserted or that you are connected to the internet or your network, and then try again. If it still cannot be located then the information might have been moved to a different location. :tazz:

Other than those things, everything went smoothly! So, here are my logs as well as a new HJT. Thanks!

ewido security suite - Scan report

+ Created on: 8:41:39 PM, 11/7/2005
+ Report-Checksum: 9A339A96

+ Scan result:

C:\Documents and Settings\Valued Customer\Cookies\valued customer@com[2].txt -> Spyware.Cookie.Com : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\Valued Customer\Cookies\valued [email protected][1].txt -> Spyware.Cookie.2o7 : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\Valued Customer\Cookies\valued [email protected][1].txt -> Spyware.Cookie.2o7 : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\Valued Customer\Cookies\valued [email protected][1].txt -> Spyware.Cookie.Liveperson : Cleaned with backup

::Report End

Panda ActiveScan

Incident Status Location

Adware:adware/securityerror No disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Valued Customer\Favorites\Antivirus Test Online.url

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 9:49:55 AM, on 11/8/2005
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\csrss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\ewidoctrl.exe
C:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\ewidoguard.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\SAVScan.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\SymWSC.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\hphmon05.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPLpr.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
C:\Program Files\HPQ\Quick Launch Buttons\EabServr.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_03\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\Program Files\BillP Studios\WinPatrol\winpatrol.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\Google Desktop Search\GoogleDesktop.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\AIM\aim.exe
C:\Program Files\Kodak\Kodak EasyShare software\bin\EasyShare.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\alg.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\Google Desktop Search\GoogleDesktopIndex.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\Google Desktop Search\GoogleDesktopCrawl.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\Google Desktop Search\GoogleDesktopOE.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Works\WksWP.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Works\MSWorks.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Works\wkgdcach.exe
C:\HJT\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IMJPMIG8.1] "C:\WINDOWS\IME\imjp8_1\IMJPMIG.EXE" /Spoil /RemAdvDef /Migration32
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PHIME2002ASync] C:\WINDOWS\system32\IME\TINTLGNT\TINTSETP.EXE /SYNC
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PHIME2002A] C:\WINDOWS\system32\IME\TINTLGNT\TINTSETP.EXE /IMEName
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPHUPD05] c:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\{45B6180B-DCAB-4093-8EE8-6164457517F0}\hphupd05.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Software Update] "c:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPHmon05] C:\WINDOWS\system32\hphmon05.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPLpr] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPLpr.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPEnh] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IgfxTray] C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HotKeysCmds] C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Cpqset] C:\Program Files\HPQ\Default Settings\cpqset.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [eabconfg.cpl] C:\Program Files\HPQ\Quick Launch Buttons\EabServr.exe /Start
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UpdateManager] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sonic\Update Manager\sgtray.exe" /r
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_03\bin\jusched.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Symantec NetDriver Monitor] C:\PROGRA~1\SYMNET~1\SNDMon.exe /Consumer
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [THGuard] "C:\Program Files\TrojanHunter 4.2\THGuard.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WinPatrol] C:\Program Files\BillP Studios\WinPatrol\winpatrol.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Google Desktop Search] "C:\Program Files\Google\Google Desktop Search\GoogleDesktop.exe" /startup
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [AIM] C:\PROGRA~1\AIM\aim.exe -cnetwait.odl
O4 - Global Startup: Kodak EasyShare software.lnk = C:\Program Files\Kodak\Kodak EasyShare software\bin\EasyShare.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Quicken Scheduled Updates.lnk = C:\Program Files\Quicken\bagent.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Google Search - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmsearch.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Translate English Word - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmwordtrans.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Backward Links - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmbacklinks.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Cached Snapshot of Page - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmcache.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Similar Pages - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmsimilar.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Translate Page into English - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmtrans.html
O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft....k/?linkid=39204
O16 - DPF: {4FE89055-5300-469E-AFAD-DEB3181EDE76} (PearsonAsstX Control) - http://www.mathxl.co...InstallAsst.cab
O16 - DPF: {6E32070A-766D-4EE6-879C-DC1FA91D2FC3} (MUWebControl Class) - http://update.micros...b?1130980013982
O16 - DPF: {9A9307A0-7DA4-4DAF-B042-5009F29E09E1} (ActiveScan Installer Class) - http://acs.pandasoft...free/asinst.cab
O16 - DPF: {C4DD6732-1E82-4AE7-BD94-180331B84082} (DeltaCVX Control) - http://www.mathxl.co...ts/DeltaCVX.cab
O20 - Winlogon Notify: igfxcui - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\igfxsrvc.dll
O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Password Validation (ccPwdSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccPwdSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Settings Manager (ccSetMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
O23 - Service: ewido security suite control - ewido networks - C:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\ewidoctrl.exe
O23 - Service: ewido security suite guard - ewido networks - C:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\ewidoguard.exe
O23 - Service: HP WMI Interface (hpqwmi) - Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. - C:\Program Files\HPQ\SHARED\HPQWMI.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service (iPodService) - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Auto Protect Service (navapsvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
O23 - Service: SAVScan - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\SAVScan.exe
O23 - Service: ScriptBlocking Service (SBService) - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\SYMANT~1\SCRIPT~1\SBServ.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Drivers Service (SNDSrvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: SymWMI Service (SymWSC) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\SymWSC.exe

smitRem © log file
version 2.7

by noahdfear

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
The current date is: Mon 11/07/2005
The current time is: 20:07:37.80

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

checking for ShudderLTD key

ShudderLTD key not present!

checking for PSGuard.com key

PSGuard.com key present!

Running LTDFix/PSGuard.com fix!

PSGuard.com key was successfully removed! :woot:

Existing Pre-run Files

~~~ Program Files ~~~

~~~ Shortcuts ~~~

Online Security Center.url

~~~ Favorites ~~~

~~~ system32 folder ~~~

msvol.tlb
ncompat.tlb
nvctrl.exe

~~~ Icons in System32 ~~~

ts.ico
ot.ico

~~~ Windows directory ~~~

warnhp.html

~~~ Drive root ~~~

~~~ Miscellaneous Files/folders ~~~

Remaining Post-run Files

~~~ Program Files ~~~

~~~ Shortcuts ~~~

~~~ Favorites ~~~

~~~ system32 folder ~~~

~~~ Icons in System32 ~~~

~~~ Windows directory ~~~

~~~ Drive root ~~~

~~~ Miscellaneous Files/folders ~~~

~~~ Wininet.dll ~~~

CLEAN! :P

Looks like everything is now clean! :woot:

Keelieawn

Matt

Matt

• PipPipPip
  • 606 posts
Alright! Just a few more steps! :tazz:

You may wish to copy these directions to a text file and save it to your desktop as you will need to copy and paste from this while you may not be able to connect to the internet.

The reason your task bar looks the way it does is your display settings are set to 'classic' at the moment.

To restore this and set it back to XP-theme, rightclick on your desktop > properties > tab Appearances and choose Windows XP style again under windows and buttons.
Click apply and OK.

Now, to delete on more file:
1) Please download the Killbox.
Unzip it to the desktop but do NOT run it yet.

2) Then please reboot into Safe Mode by restarting your computer and pressing F8 as your computer is booting up. Then select the Safe Mode option.

3) Once in Safe Mode, please run Killbox.

4) Select "Delete on Reboot".

5) Open the text file with these instructions in it, and copy the file names below to the clipboard by highlighting them and pressing Control-C:
C:\Documents and Settings\Valued Customer\Favorites\Antivirus Test Online.url

6) Return to Killbox, go to the File menu, and choose "Paste from Clipboard".

7) Click the red-and-white "Delete File" button. Click "Yes" at the Delete on Reboot prompt. Click "No" at the Pending Operations prompt.

If you receive a message such as: "Component 'MsComCtl.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid." when trying to run TheKillbox, click here to download and run missingfilesetup.exe. Then try TheKillbox again..

Let the system reboot and let me know if you are still having problems.

keelieawn

keelieawn

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Matt,

Sorry it took so long to get back to you. :) I just wanted to let you know that everything is working just fine now and I really appreciate your help. :woot: Without you guys choosing to help people like myself, we would all be lost. Thanks again and great job! :) :tazz:

Keelieawn

Matt

Matt

• PipPipPip
  • 606 posts
Glad to see we could help! :tazz:

The following is a list of tools and utilities that I like to suggest to people. This list is full of great tools and utilities to help you understand how you got infected and how to keep from getting infected again.
  • Spybot Search & Destroy - Uber powerful tool which can search and annhilate nasties that make it onto your system. Now with an Immunize section that will help prevent future infections.
  • AdAware - Another very powerful tool which searches and kills nasties that infect your system. AdAware and Spybot Search & Destroy compliment each other very well.
  • SpywareBlaster - Great prevention tool to keep malware from installing on your system.
  • SpywareGuard - Works as a Spyware "Shield" to protect your computer from getting malware in the first place.
  • IE-SpyAd - puts over 5000 sites in your restricted zone so you'll be protected when you visit innocent-looking sites that aren't actually innocent at all.
  • CleanUP! - Cleans temporary files from IE and Windows, empties the recycle bin and more. Great tool to help speed up your computer and knock out those nasties that like to reside in the temp folders.
  • Windows Updates - It is very important to make sure that both Internet Explorer and Windows are kept current with the latest critical security patches from Microsoft. To do this just start Internet Explorer and select Tools > Windows Update, and follow the online instructions from there.
  • Google Toolbar - Free google toolbar that allows you to use the powerful Google search engine from the bar, but also blocks pop up windows.
To find out more information about how you got infected in the first place and some great guidelines to follow to prevent future infections you can read this article by Tony Klein

therock247uk

therock247uk

Expert

• Expert
  • 14,672 posts
  • MVP
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :tazz:

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.