Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

MultiBoot System

• Please log in to reply

Trevuren

Trevuren

Old Dog

• Retired Staff
  • 18,699 posts
I am looking to set up a test box using a multiboot system with the following systems 98/ME/2K/XP and also using a disk imaging application for recovery purposes. (Acronis True Image). Does anyone have links to pertinent info on the matter.

Any help would be more than appreciated,

TIA

Trevuren

Edited by Trevuren, 03 November 2005 - 04:54 PM.

Advertisements

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
Hi

Here is a MS artical that explains some things, you may want to google dual boot or something to that efect to find a guide.

Here is a great guide about imaging drives it mainly covers Norton Ghost and is quit lengthy but has some great tips for whatever software you are using. If you did not purchase Acronis True yet maybe consider ghost because of this artical and there forum.

With what you do over in maleware I understand your need for a dual boot test box I have been think of setting one up myself but for hardware troobleshooting. I ain't a expert in dual boot systems but this is what I found so far on the subject and wanted to pass it along.

maybe ask the fellows over in software they might have all sorts of ideas.

Rick

Trevuren

Trevuren

Old Dog

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 18,699 posts
Thanks Rick,

Trevuren

Doby

Doby

Member 2k