Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Drivers

• Please log in to reply

-=Ac3=-

-=Ac3=-

• PipPip
  • 75 posts
Hi guyz recentley i installed updates drivers for my radeon 9660pro
They were the most recent Omega drivers.
Ocassionaly i experience a slight glitch in the graphics.. were during the game the colours would go all haywire which would eventually send the screen black and leave it there until a reset. After a few errir reports it was revealed there was an error with the driver or somthing like that.
Do you guyz know any good drivers for my 9600pro. What reccomendations do you guyz have?

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Hi. I would start by cleaning out the current driver, the previous driver and then reinstall. Get Driver Cleaner at http://www.drivercleaner.net/ It is free. Then to to ad/remove programs, and delete the current driver. Delete the previous driver as well, if you see it in ad/remove programs. Then boot into safe mode and run Driver Cleaner TWICE, each time deleting all that it finds. If you found the previous driver in the previous step, run Driver Cleaner TWICE for it as well. Then re-boot and install the current driver.

-=Ac3=-

-=Ac3=-

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
Ok i Did a clean up but a few errors occured first of all:
egistry Deleted (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\Root\LEGACY_ATI_HOTKEY_POLLER)
Registry Deleted (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\Root\LEGACY_ATI_SMART)
Registry Deleted (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Enum\Root\LEGACY_ATI_HOTKEY_POLLER)
Registry Deleted (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Enum\Root\LEGACY_ATI_SMART)
Registry Deleted (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet003\Enum\Root\LEGACY_ATI_HOTKEY_POLLER)
Registry Deleted (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet003\Enum\Root\LEGACY_ATI_SMART)
Those registry keys appeared continually after scans, they say they are delted but at a manuall check in the registry their still there. I tried To delete them manually but an error kept showing sayin i could not delete them.

Secondly after running driver cleaner in safe mode, i booted back up and logged in as usall and this error came up saying "Can not load low level device driver. Please restart application!"

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Never heard of this before, having posted this numersous times. Do you have admin privliges on that computer? Are you sure you have the correct driver for your video card? If this has ever happened before, I will bet there is a solution over at Driver Cleaner's discussion forum. A link at the bottom of their page will take you there, or go here http://www.driverheaven.net/forum.php?

-=Ac3=-

-=Ac3=-

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
Oki Doki ... yer im admin i think ill just start fresh