Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Fx Go Drivers {RESOLVED}

• Please log in to reply

Ianzworld

Ianzworld

• PipPip
  • 50 posts
Has anyone successfully updated drivers for Nvidea FX Go 5700 on a Toshiba laptop. Toshiba has only the 5687 on their site which I have already. I understand that their is an inf file that can be modified in the desktop drivers but I'm not sure how to do that. My comp doesn't recognize these driver sets as valid. I'm getting blue screen with almost all games. Lesser computers can run these games w/out errors so whats up with this Toshi and the 5700? I have tried all the usual uninstall/reinstall, even several reinstalls of entire system from recovery disk. Its a 3.4 ghz with 1gb and 128 mb fx go 5700 so you'd think it wouldn't blue out all the time. The errors are almost always nvdll. I need new drivers bad but I don't think even that will help. Are these machines known to act up? Also get a breakpoint has been reached in Pacific fighters. Does a patch fix this issue?

Edited by Ianzworld, 08 November 2005 - 10:53 PM.

Advertisements

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
Laptop manufacturers are notorious for not updating their graphics card drivers.
Maybe another member knows how to modify the normal drivers.

I've never played Pacific Fighters before but do you have the latest patch installed?

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
Found some mobile drivers on the Driver Heaven site, perhaps they might work.

http://www.driverhea....net/nvidia.htm

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
http://omegadrivers.net/nvidia.php

try the omega drivers. I've had good luck with them.

Ianzworld

Ianzworld

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
:tazz: Thanx for those links. I installed new drivers from laptops2go with the inf file and they seem to be ok but it will be nice to have all those others to chose from. Pacific fighters is working now after patch applied (no more exception breakpoint). Thanx again for responses. :)