Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Zone alarm problem?

• Please log in to reply

liphook27

liphook27

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
Any help will be appreciated

I was on my pc on Tuesday afternoon and it was working fine, i shut it down without any problems and went out, on returning home some hours later i switched my pc on and it was unbelievably slow.

Applications take around 2 minutes to start up, and after a while i get a box coming up saying that the true vector internet monitor is starting up and may take a few minutes, it doesnt start.

I know that the true vector internet monitor is used by Zone alarm and tried uninstalling that program, but it will not uninstall because it says the TVIM is being used by another program, i cant find a program that uses it.

i have tried going into admin tools and services to address the problem and can see that TIVM is listed there as 'starting' - so im guessing that because its having problems starting that my pc is using its resources to start that program, hense the slow running. - please correct me if im wrong

i have tried to disable the TVIM through the services tab, but it wont let me do that, also there are no dependencies listed, so dont know why its reportedly being used by another program.

i have run a virus check with bitdefender and found no issues there, also ran stinger and adware program to sheck for malware or spyware and had no real issues.

does anyone have any ideas? is there another way to terminate TVIM?

any help will be appreciated

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Click start then run, type msconfig then press enter then start up, look for and remove and zone alarm ticks as well as the TVIM, if you see it, click apply and reboot, when iy gets to the desktop, click, do not start the configuration utility when windows loads

Try to uninstall Zone Alarm

If you can, go to msconfig and put the dor in normal start up, click apply and reboot

You can also try installing a previous version, listed on right in green

http://www.filehippo...alarm_free.html

Use clean install when it gives the option