Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

overpopulation

• Please log in to reply

Dr. Gutstein

Dr. Gutstein

• PipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Chinese Boy Pop. 80 percent
Chinese Girl Pop. 20 percent

Oh yes, there will be a rush to be able to get married.

I take they are hoping the population of their country will go down?

Like the earth is changing there are more and more boys couples(with one word gays). So everythink is destroying in that way.The people are not like before.Plus ,what is going with the other thinks.like wars and nuclear weapons???

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Humans arent BAD for the earth we are actually quite good for the earth on occasion we do do bad things but no worse than occurs naturally and remeber we are just another animal ourselves technically and still fall under the domain of nature, we do live on a fairly unstable planet and we are actually artificially maintaining our climate contrary to popular beliefe. Overpopulation is a problem even for australians. You are think JUST about your own country and that doesnt mean anything at all, its a question of resources we have only finite resources and we dont have enough to maintain the population we have in he lifestyle they want/demand. Even now it isnt possible, in not very long at all we shall be in a very sticky situation.

Dr. Gutstein

Dr. Gutstein

• PipPipPip
  • 280 posts
Ok

we are actually quite good for the earth

I dont understand this???
In wich way :tazz:

Dr. Gutstein--

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
In a great many ways, we can sculpt it to bring sustainible ecosystems where none can normally be created, we can stabilise the climate without the resorting to the normal rather drastic method of lots of volcanic activity. We create stronger crops and animals for our needs we bring diversity to nature where it would have been impossible before.

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
Population control is the only solution short of letting nature redress the balance through hunger, war and ilness. The question then is which way to do this. I notice that as countries adapt western ways and the ideals of capitalism, their population begin to reflect a selective trait towards having fewer more productive children mostly out of fear of being unable to support them until the level is reached where that same fear plunges the population into negative birthrate: the secret is knowing what level of capitalism is right for ones population.

Dr. Gutstein

Dr. Gutstein

• PipPipPip
  • 280 posts

In a great many ways, we can sculpt it to bring sustainible ecosystems where none can normally be created, we can stabilise the climate without the resorting to the normal rather drastic method of lots of volcanic activity. We create stronger crops and animals for our needs we bring diversity to nature where it would have been impossible before.

So ,warriorscot you see it yourself what is happening with the earth, all that hurricanes, earthquakes..
We are not going to fight against the nature because we cannot do that.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Well we technically can fight nature alot of the time, however its not a good idea to do this nature is all about equilibrium you dont want to upset that equilibrium more than you really have to as in such a complex system it is hard to judge the consequences. But hurricanes and earthquakes having absolutely nothing to do with humans, they would happen if we werent here, the reason for all the hurricanes this year is every so many years there are really big hurricanes its part of the weather pattern for the areas afected. And earthquakes are something we cant affect at all they happen when they happen, we can certainly predict them sometimes given enough warning and of course the inclinattion to want to predict them but it would be a little presumptious to think that we were the cause of seismic shifting.

Back to the point, population control is a possible alternative in many countries but even at that we need a fair negative population growth in many countries and that isnt a good thing for them. It is a fair possibilty that once the problems get worse we will fall back on the onld population control methods war famine and disease, and those are the natural ways to control populations, it sounds cruel but from a logical stand point thew world shouldnt be throwing aid into places like africa, because if we stopped and we will have to stop without some kind of major development to stop overpopulation, the problems of famine will be so much worse because that continent as a whole as far more people than it can sustain at the moment.

Edited by warriorscot, 05 November 2005 - 07:33 AM.

Dr. Gutstein

Dr. Gutstein

• PipPipPip
  • 280 posts
I belive in GOD very much and i think that all that stuff's is coming from the nature.(If you understand me?.)

Dr. Gutstein

Pi rules

Pi rules

• PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
We may someday have to go in space and colonize other planets. However, in my opinion, more of a peace/unity between countries is needed first. It will take the most brilliant minds in the world to help figure a way we can colonize other plants, along with the resources of the entire world to build whatever we will need to get there.

I do think the world is becoming overpopulated. I recently did a report on a magazine article for AP Biology about extinction. With all the people and current growth rates in places like Africa, more and more species are going to become extinct.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Yes they are going to become extinct but how will that affect human overpopulation, animals dont need supplies of hydrocarboncs or precious metals. And it wouldnt take all the nations of earth, most western countries could manage it themselves, we could have started the terraforming of mars and the moon 10 years ago.

Edited by warriorscot, 06 November 2005 - 11:41 AM.

Advertisements

Pi rules

Pi rules

• PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
The moon and Mars maybe, but what about other planets not in our solar system? It would take some brilliant people and quite a few resources to reach a different solar system.

we could have started the terraforming of mars and the moon 10 years ago.

How? Scientists have theories, but no proven way of success terraforming other planets.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Well we cant prove it till we try it, but there are various techniques which are considered to be feasible and effective, it does of course depend upon the planet, mars is actually and easier job to terraform than the moon.

Its not possible to reach planets outside our solar system, we cant even leave it and in order to send humans out of the solar system we would have to find a way to break the law that states that matter cannot travel faster than the speed of light, and we couldnt construct anything that could even go at a tenth of that speed and survive.

Pi rules

Pi rules

• PipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Its not possible to reach planets outside our solar system, we cant even leave it and in order to send humans out of the solar system we would have to find a way to break the law that states that matter cannot travel faster than the speed of light, and we couldnt construct anything that could even go at a tenth of that speed and survive.

I think that it may be possible some day with enough technology and brilliant people. It's impossible for us, but I think there may be some day where humans can get to other planets outside of the solar system.

About terraforming: I agree with small trials, but one mistake, and we could ruin our chances of populating Mars or the moon forever.

About overpopulation: I don't think that there should be rules regulating the number of children a family has. People should maybe be educated about the problem of overpopulation, but not restricted to one or two children.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
It may be possible but not for a very very very long time. Overpopulation will probably fix itself if we stop buggering about with nature and stop trying to feed more people than the world can sustain the planet can sustain 1-2 billion maybe three at the utmost not 6 billion in any comfort indeed no where close to the standard of living they would wish.

Pi rules

Pi rules

• PipPipPip
  • 634 posts

It may be possible but not for a very very very long time. Overpopulation will probably fix itself if we stop buggering about with nature and stop trying to feed more people than the world can sustain the planet can sustain 1-2 billion maybe three at the utmost not 6 billion in any comfort indeed no where close to the standard of living they would wish.

What are we supposed to do with the starving people, then? We can't let them suffer and starve to death.