Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

How can i open the "View Wreless networks"

• Please log in to reply

dan3411

dan3411

• PipPip
  • 89 posts
could someone please tell me either where i go to open the "view wireless networks" tell me what to write in the run or something??

cheers dan

Advertisements

katkat92

katkat92

• PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
Hello,

If you have the icon by your clock for your wireless connection, you can click on that then go to view wireless connections. Otherwise you can go into control panel, internet/network connections and go into network connections. I forget what the run command is, maybe someone else knows it. :tazz:

dan3411

dan3411

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
this is all good and well but what i want to do is uninstal the wireless utility that came with it and use the windows one. but when the wireless utility is uninstalled i can't view the wireless networks.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
you need to make sure that wireless zero service is installed and running....also there should be a button within your current wireless software to allow windows to take care of the connection

dan3411

dan3411

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
but i can open it when i have the utility running but it says " can not configure wirless connection... if you have enabled another program to manage your wireless connection use that" but when i uninstall the utility the view wireless connection is nowhere to be found

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
don't uninstall the utillity....look for an option within it to allow windows to use the wireless......that utility is probably bundled with the wireless driver