Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Reading text from a .pdf file

• Please log in to reply

infaddict

infaddict

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 734 posts
Hi all :)

I need to extract plain text from a .pdf (Adobe Acrobot) file. Ideally this would be in VB but if I have to code it in another language, then that's fine.

I have seen examples of small .dll's on the web that do this, so I know its possible (but they are limited to 3 pages of text or pay $$$$). I see that Adobe have an SDK for .pdf's but again they are charging $$$ for it.

I've done some basic searches on the web but cannot find anyplace to start. Any advice or direction much appreciated.

:tazz:

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
you can save the pdf as text and then parse through the text file

Thef0rce

Thef0rce

• PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
I found this

http://www.codeproje...ractPDFText.asp

but I'm feeling generous today so here's the downloaded source in c :tazz:

hope it helps

Attached Files

• Attached File  pdf.txt   7.8KB   200 downloads

infaddict

infaddict

Visiting Staff

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 734 posts
Thanks for the replies people :)

Thef0rce, great link... hopefully I can compile that into a .dll and forget about it :tazz: