Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

laptop screen malfunctioning

• Please log in to reply

tootansimooon

tootansimooon

• Pip
  • 1 posts
[bleep] there

I own a Toshiba satellite 1110 laptop, which i have owned for around 2 and a half years. Around a year ago i cracked the screen and then had it replaced by toshiba. Soon aftert this the screen started to go black (with faint images and characters, if i used a light to look closely at the screen). I was begining to understand (due to various computer help forums) that this was possibly due to the 'display inverter'. However the screen occassionaly turns on and works perfectly fine. Recently after around 4 months of the screen not working it started working for about 2 months???????? what on earth is happening?????? Now its stopped working again (after unplugging it and taking it to a club -where i dj). I had to hold a torch to the screen while djing. I cant afford another computer, no one can repair it (not even toshiba want to)
Could someone please tell me whats wrong and how best to fix it?

Thank You
Simon Eaves

Advertisements