Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hard Drive, gone bad. Covered under warranty?

• Please log in to reply

sevenfold

sevenfold

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
so my hard drive dies on me with bad sectors an what not after ONE MONTH OF USE. the manufacture date was Jan of 05 so i figured it was covered under a warranty. I email maxtor about the warranty and they say its a Compaq OEM drive. So i look all over compaq's site about emailing them about warranties and hard drives but they send me to HP's site and no where does it say anything about hard drives when trying to send an email. you must select from either whole computers, servers, printers, etc but NO hard drives. I am very fed up and wondering if there was any program that can do a clean format of the hard drive to make it useable again. i used maxtor's diagnostic low format program but it said the hard drive has failed and to contact maxtor but they obviously want nothing to do with me. sigh...

dan

thanks for reading this terribly long situation.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Choose storage then your location, then you will need to register

http://welcome.hp.co...pportcase1.html

sevenfold

sevenfold

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
thank you so much. it was not available on the US site to go straight through. i had to jump through more hoops.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
I would have e-mailed the printer section if they were hiding the hard drive section